• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tover26

EricinMaryland
    Jul 6, 2009
    MO County
    Hi Engage,

I'm curious on your thoughts as to an awesome-most 9 mm revolver. I'd like either a titanium superlight or a accurate larger sized one. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Eric

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Hi Engage,

I'm curious on your thoughts as to an awesome-most 9 mm revolver. I'd like either a titanium superlight or a accurate larger sized one. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Eric

You're killing me bro.

There is the Taurus 905, however its relatively heavy and I think you're familiar with with Taurus stock triggers. Smith and Wesson made the 940 which was a DA only carry revolver and the 547 which was a larger 9mm most of which were sold to the Palestinian Police (according to internet people). Also Ruger used to make an SP101 in 9mm, however it is only available now on the used market. Charter Arms has a rimless revolver series coming out with offerings in 9mm, 40, and 45 but I have no personal experience with Charter Arms and I doubt theyre going to be light or that accurate.

The S&W 940 is going to be the best choice for a light gun, and perhaps the 547 may be your best choice in accuracy. Maybe. Also keep in mind you're going to have to use moon clips on these guns although somebody is saying the Charter Arms ones will not require the use of moon clips.

Im going to call some people who will know more on this subject and see if they have any other ideas and I'll let you know.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Hi Engage,

Thanks,
    Eric

Why 9mm?
    The S&W 340PD shoots .38's AND .357mag in a scandium small DAO five shot revolver.

tover26

EricinMaryland
    Jul 6, 2009
    MO County
    9 mm because I have other 9 mm and don't want to have THAT many different types of ammo. Otherwise, yes, the 357 and 38s would be interesting ones.

Thanks Engage. Let me know. Next time I'm in your store you can help edumacate me with the guns you have on hand.

tover26

EricinMaryland
    Jul 6, 2009
    MO County
    Hi Engage,

After talking with Andy, apparently I stumbled into a hole here... while there are 9 mm revolvers, they seem to either take moonclips or have problems. The moonclips, even if they seem to work fine, seem to have story after story about the clips bending or breaking.

I suppose I will withdraw my request... so far the only 9 mm revolver I've seen that didn't take moon clips was a WW2 German revolver... while cool, if I buy a 9 mm revolver, it's not going to be an investment gun.

Maybe some of you out there who have 9 mm revolvers will comment.

Andy, thanks for looking.

- Eric.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The answer was probably the Medusa, made for a couple years. Should have bought one back in the 90s as they are almost impossible to find.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Medusa_Model_47.htm

That said I asked Gary Reeder that question (and he actually responded) as he was trying to bring the gun back. He claimed that the gun was very prone to cracking (to hard of steel?) and that it was definately for collecting instead of shooting.

BTW if you look at his gun notes CZ is planning to bring back the pistol pack

"Dan Wesson is listening to it’s customers and is bringing back the old Pistol Pac. The hard case with the 2, 4, 6 and 8” barrels and extra grips. Hopefully they will bring back the 445 Super Mag line up of hunting revolvers. " http://www.reedercustomguns.com/gunnotes/gunnotes97.htm

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Attachments

• Dead Thread.jpg
      Dead Thread.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 383

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just note that the barrel needs to be a 9mm barrel because if you get say the Ruger that allows you to shoot 9 or 38/357, the barrel will be for 38/357.
    38/357 FMJ is going to be a .357 pill while 9mm is going to be a .356. That .001" difference affects accuracy when you stretch it out further.
    Will that make your offhand and trigger control worse? who knows.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My BH convertible is more accurate w/ .38/ .357 than 9mm . BUT , the BH with 9mm cylinder is more accurate than most semiautomatic 9mm pistols .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom