• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    APG is a terrifying place when it comes to .mil pollutants. I worked with a man around 2010 that was with APG back in the 60-70s right out of the Marine Corp. He said they used to buried so many drums of chemicals on that place. I remember reading a story of a barge loaded with artillery shells supposedly filled with gas. They were supposed to take it out into the ocean a number of miles off the coast of Delaware to dump them in deep water. Turns out they dumped them right outside the mouth of the bay when the crew detected what they thought was leaking shells and didn't tell anyone. A little while later they start turning up in peoples drive ways on the Eastern Shore. A company came along to dredge oyster shells and unknowingly scooped up some shells. I even heard they found some in an oyster processing plant in Delaware.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I forget the name of the landfill at APG. Its fenced around the perimeter and over the top with a cage that sprinkles water. If the water stopped the land started smoking. Someone told me it was buried white phosphorus which makes sense but I thought it burned under water too

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    APG is a terrifying place when it comes to .mil pollutants. I worked with a man around 2010 that was with APG back in the 60-70s right out of the Marine Corp. He said they used to buried so many drums of chemicals on that place. I remember reading a story of a barge loaded with artillery shells supposedly filled with gas. They were supposed to take it out into the ocean a number of miles off the coast of Delaware to dump them in deep water. Turns out they dumped them right outside the mouth of the bay when the crew detected what they thought was leaking shells and didn't tell anyone. A little while later they start turning up in peoples drive ways on the Eastern Shore. A company came along to dredge oyster shells and unknowingly scooped up some shells. I even heard they found some in an oyster processing plant in Delaware.

All over Delaware. His is story from a study UD did a few years ago. After storms, there are a few people who walk Bethany Beach. All kinds of crap washes up.

https://www.udel.edu/udaily/2019/fe...an-underwater-movement-beaches-offshore-rigs/

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Fun fact.... I was at Ft. Meade when they tore down the Building 900 area and started excavating. Found buried two Browning 1919A4's. I $hit you not!

Wangbadan

Big Wang
    Jul 15, 2021
    Fun fact.... I was at Ft. Meade when they tore down the Building 900 area and started excavating. Found buried two Browning 1919A4's. I $hit you not!

That’s the kind of pollution you’d hope to find!!

-big Wang

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Research is easy to do before you post rumors about places and things you know nothing about.
    I'm curious as to which posts you're referring to.....

If it's Fort Meade, I spent 36 years at a major tenant Agency of Fort Meade, most of that time in Facilities Services. Nothing that has been posted here about Fort Meade is untrue.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'm curious as to which posts you're referring to.....

If it's Fort Meade, I spent 36 years at a major tenant Agency of Fort Meade, most of that time in Facilities Services. Nothing that has been posted here about Fort Meade is untrue.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Ya I was being facetious.

There seems to be no new or unruly stories I've read about so far. I really enjoy stories of urban decay, especially local ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom