Concerning Fingerprinting/Fingerprints...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Hope this is the right place to post this...

I am soon submitting my non-res FL CCW app. Their packet includes an FBI fingerprint card but I happen to have 2 FBI fingerprint cards that were completed in 6-28-2016. My question what is the stated length of time on those cards that they can be submitted? Do the fingerprints have to have been taken within a certain period of time? I don't want to send cards from a little over a year ago if it is just going to cause the app to be rejected on that on point, but if there is not a specific time that the fingerprinting had to be done before submitting than I'll make use of the cards I have.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    The only thing I see is if you submit electronic fingerprints they must be submitted within 30 days of being taken. It says nothing about paper prints in regards to a time frame. IMHO I would call them (1-800-435-7352) and ask. Oh yeah, the prints must be taken by a law enforcement agency with a few exemptions of which none of them pertain to us that don't live in Florida.

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    The only thing I see is if you submit electronic fingerprints they must be submitted within 30 days of being taken. It says nothing about paper prints in regards to a time frame. IMHO I would call them (1-800-435-7352) and ask. Oh yeah, the prints must be taken by a law enforcement agency with a few exemptions of which none of them pertain to us that don't live in Florida.

Mine were not taken by a law enforcement agency, they were taken by a division of MVA, which the location I went to was recommended on the MSP website, so I'd hope that is acceptable.

At this point, I might just run up to a Harford law enforcement or MSP location and see if anyone can take new prints on the card supplied in the FL pack.

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm sure the folk at the Florida Ag Dept can answer your question -

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License

On the paper print form, make sure the agency taking your prints puts their info on it. I missed that my first time around and had everything sent back and had to resubmit after getting that info.

My understanding is the only 2 things I need to ensure are on the card is the signature of the individual who takes the prints, and the address of the agency who did it, the latter needing to be on the black spot on the opposite side of the card because the FBI doesn't have that location designed into the card.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    My understanding is the only 2 things I need to ensure are on the card is the signature of the individual who takes the prints, and the address of the agency who did it, the latter needing to be on the black spot on the opposite side of the card because the FBI doesn't have that location designed into the card.

Yep, and that's exactly what I missed my first go round.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes. You can have them done electrically and printed on cards, making sue as you noted that the LE agency address and phone number are on the back in the upper right corner.

FL only accepts electronically transmitted fingerprints from one of the FL Dept of Ag. satellite offices or a tax assor's office.

those are listed on their web site

pay attention to number 3.

Attachments

• fl prints.jpg
      fl prints.jpg
      117.3 KB · Views: 241

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Yes. You can have them done electrically and printed on cards, making sue as you noted that the LE agency address and phone number are on the back in the upper right corner.

FL only accepts electronically transmitted fingerprints from one of the FL Dept of Ag. satellite offices or a tax assor's office.

What's a "NAM"?

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD

Good info, thank you for posting that up :thumbsup:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Mine were not taken by a law enforcement agency, they were taken by a division of MVA, which the location I went to was recommended on the MSP website, so I'd hope that is acceptable.

At this point, I might just run up to a Harford law enforcement or MSP location and see if anyone can take new prints on the card supplied in the FL pack.

The MVA locations are MSP offices in the MVA building.

We had ours done at the Bel Air MVA, and the person signed the statement that they were taken by LEO and FL accepted them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom