Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2019, 07:44 AM #1
erwos's Avatar
erwos erwos is online now
The Hebrew Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 10,251
erwos erwos is online now
The Hebrew Hammer
erwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 10,251
Green Ops Advanced Covert Carry Skills TD2 AAR

Yes, that's two classes in two weeks. AAR is here:
https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/10...pressions-td2/

Really loved this class. Lots of movement, lots of hard shooting. Huge pleasure to train with Mike Green himself, too.
__________________
Things I love: bullpups, mag-fed shotguns, Glocks-not-made-by-Glock, .458 SOCOM, 6.5 Grendel, giving my opinion
Things I hate: .40S&W, KeyMod, AR pistols with buffer tubes, anything with an arm brace, fad-of-the-day long-range calibers
erwos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 06:13 PM #2
hogarth's Avatar
hogarth hogarth is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,614
hogarth hogarth is online now
Senior Member
hogarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Yes, that's two classes in two weeks. AAR is here:
https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/10...pressions-td2/

Really loved this class. Lots of movement, lots of hard shooting. Huge pleasure to train with Mike Green himself, too.
It's a shame you can never do the Saturday portion of classes, but good on you for getting out there regardless. I had hoped to make it to that class, but once I saw the dates I knew it would be out for me. Hopefully I can do it and at least one other with Green Ops in 2020.

I know you weren't there day one, but I'm curious why so much time on accuracy drills and less time I the draw and related skills. Again, maybe that was day one (?). I think back to Mike Pannone's identically named course and we drew 500 times against a little over 600 rounds fired. Lots of time spent on clearing different types of garments, etc.
hogarth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 10:32 PM #3
erwos's Avatar
erwos erwos is online now
The Hebrew Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 10,251
erwos erwos is online now
The Hebrew Hammer
erwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 10,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
It's a shame you can never do the Saturday portion of classes, but good on you for getting out there regardless. I had hoped to make it to that class, but once I saw the dates I knew it would be out for me. Hopefully I can do it and at least one other with Green Ops in 2020.
Mike is really eager to offer it again; I expect it'll pop back up in 2020 once they work out where they're going to have it.

Quote:
I know you weren't there day one, but I'm curious why so much time on accuracy drills and less time I the draw and related skills. Again, maybe that was day one (?). I think back to Mike Pannone's identically named course and we drew 500 times against a little over 600 rounds fired. Lots of time spent on clearing different types of garments, etc.
Based on the day one recap I heard, I think that's when this stuff was covered. However, to be clear, there was a heavy emphasis on speed, especially near the end of the day when we were running blake and bill drills from concealment. The timer was in very frequent use throughout, for both individuals and class par times. I probably could have communicated that better.

I think the instructor cadre also feels that certain skills can be adequately practiced at home. They'd rather show you more stuff and work on things that can't be dry-fired at home as easily.
__________________
Things I love: bullpups, mag-fed shotguns, Glocks-not-made-by-Glock, .458 SOCOM, 6.5 Grendel, giving my opinion
Things I hate: .40S&W, KeyMod, AR pistols with buffer tubes, anything with an arm brace, fad-of-the-day long-range calibers
erwos is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service