• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Yes, that's two classes in two weeks. AAR is here:
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/10/17/green-ops-advanced-covert-carry-skills-impressions-td2/

Really loved this class. Lots of movement, lots of hard shooting. Huge pleasure to train with Mike Green himself, too.

It's a shame you can never do the Saturday portion of classes, but good on you for getting out there regardless. I had hoped to make it to that class, but once I saw the dates I knew it would be out for me. Hopefully I can do it and at least one other with Green Ops in 2020.

I know you weren't there day one, but I'm curious why so much time on accuracy drills and less time I the draw and related skills. Again, maybe that was day one (?). I think back to Mike Pannone's identically named course and we drew 500 times against a little over 600 rounds fired. Lots of time spent on clearing different types of garments, etc.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a shame you can never do the Saturday portion of classes, but good on you for getting out there regardless. I had hoped to make it to that class, but once I saw the dates I knew it would be out for me. Hopefully I can do it and at least one other with Green Ops in 2020.
    Mike is really eager to offer it again; I expect it'll pop back up in 2020 once they work out where they're going to have it.

I know you weren't there day one, but I'm curious why so much time on accuracy drills and less time I the draw and related skills. Again, maybe that was day one (?). I think back to Mike Pannone's identically named course and we drew 500 times against a little over 600 rounds fired. Lots of time spent on clearing different types of garments, etc.
    Based on the day one recap I heard, I think that's when this stuff was covered. However, to be clear, there was a heavy emphasis on speed, especially near the end of the day when we were running blake and bill drills from concealment. The timer was in very frequent use throughout, for both individuals and class par times. I probably could have communicated that better.

I think the instructor cadre also feels that certain skills can be adequately practiced at home. They'd rather show you more stuff and work on things that can't be dry-fired at home as easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom