Am I Paranoid for Finding This Suspicious?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Last night around 8:30 PM I had a pretty large thugish looking guy pounding on my door, so as a reflex I went into my bedroom, got my 45 and racked a round, and sat near the door for a couple hours. The pounding didn't last long, but I heard him outside the door for a short time after. I always keep my blinds closed since I have some pretty pricey computer/networking/servers in my apartment and I don't want to become a target.

Anyway, does this seem suspicious to anybody else?

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Last night around 8:30 PM I had a pretty large thugish looking guy pounding on my door, so as a reflex I went into my bedroom, got my 45 and racked a round, and sat near the door for a couple hours. The pounding didn't last long, but I heard him outside the door for a short time after. I always keep my blinds closed since I have some pretty pricey computer/networking/servers in my apartment and I don't want to become a target.

I would have opened the door and asked what his damn problem was.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

I would have been tempted to call the police. You just never know these days, could be a guy just asking for help or it could be a homicidal home invading thug.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    He could have rushed me, he had a good 75lbs on me. Better to keep the element out than let it in, right? The element is bad for my health.

Or like a normal person would do is to ask who is it while the door is closed.:innocent0

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I would have been tempted to call the police. You just never know these days, could be a guy just asking for help or it could be a homicidal home invading thug.

I doubt he was asking for help. He had the "element" look to him. For those that don't know what "element" means, it means the "inner city criminal" type.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Sounds odd if you were not expecting someone. Do what you have to do to feel safe at home.

I would have answered the door, armed but polite. I also have a very loud barking dog behind me so it is different. If someone wants to run past me, it is obvious they are running directly at a protective dog.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Sounds odd if you were not expecting someone. Do what you have to do to feel safe at home.

I would have answered the door, armed but polite. I also have a very loud barking dog behind me so it is different.

I have two cats that TRY to be scary, but they won't come off as scary to a big thugish looking idiot.

Either way, I've been told by cops to simply not answer the door in the area I live in.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    :sad20:

The inmates truly run the asylum!

Yep. I'm so sick of this ghetto nonsense that has invaded Owings Mills. I can't even go to the mall anymore, people get robbed at gunpoint in the effing parking lot during the day! Sadly enough, to live in a nice area you need to pay millions of dollars for a home and live by the MD/PA line.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I would have done the same thing.. with exception of not having to rack the slide on my 45. Its always cocked and locked.

I live in PG.I was told by LE to do the same thing. Do not answer the door. Unexpected guest need to move on somewhere else.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I would have done the same thing.. with exception of not having to rack the slide on my 45. Its always cocked and locked.

I live in PG.I was told by LE to do the same thing. Do not answer the door. Unexpected guest need to move on somewhere else.

PG county...I'm sorry, not as bad as Owings Mills though, I think.

Good idea to keep it always chambered though...makes a 3am break-in easy to maintain. :)

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Either way, I've been told by cops to simply not answer the door in the area I live in.

Holy Schnikies, that is bad!

Have you considered a door security gate? I have one and you can open the interior door and talk to people, but the gate is stil locked.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    My experience with them in this area, is they take forever to show up. Better to lay low.

I'd think that if anything did end up happening, you'd want the call to have been on record even if they didn't show up timely.

Doesn't sound like you were paranoid at all. Def sounds concerning...

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I'd think that if anything did end up happening, you'd want the call to have been on record even if they didn't show up timely.

Doesn't sound like you were paranoid at all. Def sounds concerning...

Yeah, true...documentation is a good thing. Helps with crime trending and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom