• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Personally (and I have no way to site this) I have little doubt this is not correct. ATF never really came out and said "it's ok now to shoulder all braces" in those exact words. It always seemed to me more of an interpretation, after which everybody went back to making YouTube videos and the like toughting the 'reversal'. People couldn't just leave well enough alone.

On another note, I never understood how a cheek weld on a pistol was legit. Show me any normal pistol that accommodates a cheek weld.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Does it make me a bad person that I no longer care. How I use my brace is my business at this point. Until they come and and ban them, I'm tuning out. I will shoot on my property and respect the law.... I've just quit caring about the back and forth subtleties on this issue. The little boy cried... wolf, wolf wolf. If the wolf shows up, I'll deal with it.

fd87e311a0319bb2031d68a05247b2a5.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does it make me a bad person that I no longer care. How I use my brace is my business at this point. Until they come and and ban them, I'm tuning out. I will shoot on my property and respect the law.... I've just quit caring about the back and forth subtleties on this issue. The little boy cried... wolf, wolf wolf. If the wolf shows up, I'll deal with it.

fd87e311a0319bb2031d68a05247b2a5.jpg

Then quit makin' them u-toobs will ya'!

:D

I'm with you on this T.

What's the second rule of Sig braces...?

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Those of us who don't have private property to shoot on (anymore :() are very interested. Ranges that have to CYA at all things can be a drag...

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I take mine to the range frequently and don't worry about it. Last I knew, SB tactical braces were good to go so that's what I go with. I have multiple MP5's and enjoy shooting them. Some were SBR'ed prior to 2013. The others were purchased since and would not meet the 29" requirement so I just use a brace. I don't have time to worry about this crap every single day.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The only reason I have braces is it allows me to work around stupid Md laws on "minimum length" SBRs(of which, I have several). Fugg'm.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Maybe the ATF will recognize that the frivolity involved in arguing “braced pistol” vs SBR is pointless due to the inherit pointlessness in the law making SBR’s subject to the NFA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom