• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I have a SSA E installed in my Aero Precision M5e1. I’m experiencing a bit of creep in the second stage before the break. I was expecting it to pull through the first stage hit a wall then break but there is some trigger movement before it does finally break. I emailed them and they want me to send it in to be checked out.
    This is my first high end trigger but I’m wondering if I’m expecting to much out of it.
    Anybody experience this with theirs?

I’m also wondering if the possibility of my receiver being out of spec could cause this? As I sit here thinking about it I may throw it in one of my other ar 15s and see if it still does it.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Send it in to be checked out like they said. Geissele has what is absolutely the best warranty service in the business. If there is anything wrong with it, they will replace it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have a SSA E installed in my Aero Precision M5e1. I’m experiencing a bit of creep in the second stage before the break. I was expecting it to pull through the first stage hit a wall then break but there is some trigger movement before it does finally break. I emailed them and they want me to send it in to be checked out.
    This is my first high end trigger but I’m wondering if I’m expecting to much out of it.
    Anybody experience this with theirs?

I’m also wondering if the possibility of my receiver being out of spec could cause this? As I sit here thinking about it I may throw it in one of my other ar 15s and see if it still does it.

Curious in what you would think is out of spec? IF your FCG holes were off I figure you would have issues with resetting and firing.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I have limited experience since I’ve only ever shot one Geissele trigger on my fathers AR. But I can tell you that it was like a wall once through the first stage, and then a clean break to fire. It almost felt like a snap. There was no creep at all. Send it in and I’m sure they’ll get you an answer.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Did you lube the contact surfaces?

^This.

The little tube of supplied grease, it's definitely there for a reason.

**If it was lubed per manufacturer spec, and there's still creep, Geissele will make it right, w/out question.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I love geissele triggers but they do let bad ones slip from time to time. They will take care of it.

This issue can be fixed with Ruby/Arkansas Stones but you really need to know what you are doing.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks guys. Yeah I’m going to send it in. I have no doubt they will make it right. I tried a freind of mines tonight and it goes to the wall then snaps clean quite like I expect it too. I did everything the instructions said for the install as far as lubing it. If anything I went a little heavy with the lube.

I understand duds happen, I’m not sweating it. I just didn’t want to look like a idiot sending in a perfectly good trigger. I’m a mil spec type of guy so like I said this is my first better than average trigger.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Curious in what you would think is out of spec? IF your FCG holes were off I figure you would have issues with resetting and firing.

I was just stating worse case scenario. I have heard of aero precision having some quality control issues lately so of course that’s in the back of my mind.

You do make a good point though. Thankfully Everything works as it should with no binding or things rubbing that shouldn’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom