• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    We recently had 2 large Oaks taken down on our property. They left the sections and I have been cutting to firewood lengths for splitting. Getting into the really big bases now and my Stihl homeowner with 18" bar is little out of it's league. Anyone know where you can rent something with 22" bar and little more @ss. Live in Ellicott City. Tried ABC, home depot, ACE. HD has a 20 that might try but was looking for additional inches...

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Clark's used to rent a Stihl 44 series saw with a 24" bar, but that has been quite a few years.

Also, there are two different ABC rentals, did you check with the one in Catonsville. I know they rent the TS series concrete saws, so they might have the bigger chainsaws.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I did not check the one in Catonsville. I checked ABC columbia and just went to 18. Think it is the model I actually have.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Unfortunately it is only the 251. Largest bar that will go on is 18" I have been told due to sprocket size and power. To be honest think it would get bogged down with 20 or bigger through hard wood like oak trunk sections.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Another option is a "Cant Hook", if the tree is on the ground

Where you can cut around the girth, and roll the log over until you cut all the way around.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thanks Drakhen. They do have a biggen available for rent. It is a little bit of a haul but might be the way have to go.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Thanks Drakhen. They do have a biggen available for rent. It is a little bit of a haul but might be the way have to go.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of theirs. I go to the Rockville location for my stuff, and they're always friendly and have the parts and knowledge I need. I got my Farm Boss from them a few years ago, and parts and stuff since then.

Good folks, and fair prices.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom