• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Has anyone changed out the front sight post on their 15-22? The stock front sight post is a little to large for my liking on this rifle. I took this rifle to my first appleseed shoot a few months ago and noticed on the small targets like the shingle the post was almost as wide as the target. I am looking to change the post out and would like some input.
    Has anyone used either a fine post or one of the crosshair style front sight posts. If so what is your opinion on what you like best.
    I will probably try shooting one of the rimfire challenge matches at sanners lake in the future so that will be another consideration when choosing the style of post.
    I appreciate any input you may have.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's a standard AR-15 post, so switch it out for whatever you like. I run a Meprolight tritium post, since it's quite a bit thinner than stock and easy to find in all lighting conditions, including shade or if the target is solid black.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Thanks for the reply!
    I picked up a pack of the kns precision front sight posts. They were the only front sight posts I could find at the gun show this weekend.
    If I have any problems with seeing the targets still I will try the one you run.
    Thanks again.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have tried both HiViz fiber optic front inserts and the KNS round crosshair inserts. Both have advantages but they don't have the same strengths under every condition. I have a KNS on one of my ARs on a YHM flip up and a HiViz FO on one of my 15-22 fixed front sights. I find the KNS front combined with a Matech rear sight works better for me than the stock AR sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom