• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Sure people make 6x or 4x or 1x scopes. I have always liked variable power scopes. I think the problem with 6x all the time is that you may have trouble finding something quickly with a smaller field of view.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Jester, I'm pretty sure you can get an Elcan in 1x/6x... of course it's the same price as a complete Wilson Combat Recon. :rolleyes:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    well, the 1-6 isn't comparable to the $300-range fixed scopes. SWFA clearly states the glass is totally different (hence the 2-3x price point vs. the 10/16/20x originals).

The first SS I bought, about 7 years ago was the fixed 10x; probably the best glass available for $300... a buddy of mine has been borrowing it for a while and has it on a DPMS LR308 (22"). He commented that it's all he really needs.

But you're correct, the glass in the SS 1-6x is high density and more in line with NF, S&B, IOR, etc...

Hattrick

Mar 7, 2013
    My father has a vortex 4-24 PST we have had leopods are hole life. The vortex is just better I cant image how much nicer the razor can be. I guess its a reason why a lot guys on sinperhyde are using them on 1000 yd guns

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Love the leupolds I picked up in 1-6. One with 556 one with 762 reticles. Spendy but niiiiiice. Comparable to sb but not as costy. Always love my elcans as well for 762. One of the best optics for a mid range multi use rifle.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I think I'm going to skip the Vortex 1x4 and try to find a used SWFA SS 1x4 pop up somewhere.

If anyone out there has better Googlefoo than me, let me know if you see any.

Thanks.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom