• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Since he offed himself with a gun he must have had a G&S that worked. I wonder what it was sadly we will never know, he is dead and the state will never tell.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    I forwarded the news link to Delegate Smigiel. He was very appreciative to read this! I'm sure he will use it appropriately for our fight!

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    Just got another message from Delegate Smigiel; he's forwarding this to Alan Gura from SAF.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No coincidence the news media left out the perp's past history. That would be prejudicial to the state's defense of G & S.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I posted this on my FB page, all about the first Abbot break-in and the CCW renewals and denial, and last night's events. My Delegate, John Cluster (R-8) just shared it on FB.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    At about 4:33 pm today, our beloved WJZ TV reported the story, but made NO mention of ANY names (a story without names). How convenient!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Based on a Maryland Judiciary Case Search - Kris Abbott had multiple Domestic Violence issues and was incarcerated for Burglary 3rd (10 year maximum sentence). Nice to see that mentioned in the article - they made sure to post about a rifle being found, without bothering to mention that he would have been in illegal possession of said rifle.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    FIFY ...

This just goes to show that our gun laws need to change, someone this dangerous should have never had access to a gun. We need more restrictive common sense laws that require anyone interested in buying a gun to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, 40 hours of classroom training, 500 rounds of live fire training and sign an affidavit that they will never use their gun against a human or puppies or kittens. They should require all guns be held at local police stations and can only sign them out during hunting season. Also keep strict records of ammunition used and must be bought from local police stations only with a $50 per booollet tax.

:sarcasm:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Just got another message from Delegate Smigiel; he's forwarding this to Alan Gura from SAF.

Gura is SAF's attorney here in the DC area. I forwarded it to SAF also, and Emily Miller.

This needs to get WIDE airplay among the 2A crowd.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I don’t see how this couldn’t help the court case. He was denied a carry permit because this man was deemed to be no longer dangerous and then he turned out to be a suicidal maniac. The fact that the danger is now removed because the man is dead doesn’t take anything away from the fact that his rights were infringed upon months before this event occurred. This is just more reason on why the G&S is a terrible idea. The whole point of a carry permit is to be prepared before bad things happen, not after.

I don't think this will have any bearing on the Court case whatsoever. I'll admit that I have not been following Woollard very closely. However, this almost seems like it would create an out for the Court because the issue is now moot without any threat to Woollard anymore if the Court was going to try and lay some rules in place for what is and is not G&S.

Now, if the Court wants to decide the issue of whether Shall Issue or G&S is the law of the land, then they would still take the case and find a reason to take it.

We shall see what happens. I'd be torn about CCW if Shall Issue becomes the law of the land. I'm not even going to try to screw around with G&S and all the limitations and worries that are included with it.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This case is not about Mr. Woollard, it is about the states requirement for G&S. Woollard is simply the vehicle to get the case to where it is. This event will boost Gura's position because it shows the total ineptness of the MSP in determining if a preceived threat is real or not. If they can't get that right, people die. This is proof!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't think this will have any bearing on the Court case whatsoever. I'll admit that I have not been following Woollard very closely. However, this almost seems like it would create an out for the Court because the issue is now moot without any threat to Woollard anymore if the Court was going to try and lay some rules in place for what is and is not G&S.

Now, if the Court wants to decide the issue of whether Shall Issue or G&S is the law of the land, then they would still take the case and find a reason to take it.

We shall see what happens. I'd be torn about CCW if Shall Issue becomes the law of the land. I'm not even going to try to screw around with G&S and all the limitations and worries that are included with it.

Seems to me that is circular reasoning. The case is only moot if one assumes you need a G&S reason to have a CCW in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom