• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I was surprised to see a lengthy front page article today on how guns laws have been ineffective in Camden NJ. Maryland's AWB and Baltimore's crime problem were mentioned. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to post a link from my phone.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Holy Crap they are actually looking at the real problem.

it's too early for a tin foil hat but I am reading this as the beginning of them going after handguns, 98% of crime is with handguns etc in the article

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Old news to me...

When I was young and naive, I believed less gun = less gun crime....

Now, older and wiser me just could not trust anything comes out from any politician's mouth...:sad20:

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Old news to us but this is something that people need to see more often. Newton isn't our problems as situations like that are so rare. What the nation should be focusing on is the immense issues with inner city poverty and high crime rates among young men who feel that they have literally nothing left to live for outside of their street cred.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    good article. in a city where 42.5% of the city's residents live in poverty, where do people get the money to pay a significant markup over retail to pay a straw purchaser in PA for a nine millimeter?

A: Drugs
    B: Prostitution
    C: Obamabucks
    D: all of the above.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I thought there was another interesting thing pointed out.

Charter schools. Performance based teacher pay resulted in almost ALL students going to college.

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    I thought it interesting that the PA official, despite the article pointing out the uselessness of gun laws...wanted more gun laws in PA. Again, trying to make the object the problem as opposed to the person holding the object.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I absolutely believe handguns will be the next attack; although I expected then to try to finish with the AWB first.

edinsomd

Jan 23, 2010
    I thought it interesting that the PA official, despite the article pointing out the uselessness of gun laws...wanted more gun laws in PA. Again, trying to make the object the problem as opposed to the person holding the object.

It's much easier to pass new reulations than to enforce existing ones.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    It's much easier to pass new reulations than to enforce existing ones.

Passing laws is also much cheaper.. Think how expensive it would be to address the real problems.

• Keep violent criminals in jail OR let them out and blame guns for the violence
    • Aggressively prosecute straw purchases and make examples enough out of them to be a deterrent OR pass laws making it more of a pain to buy a gun and hope straw purchasers that are perfectly willing to lie on federal and state forms will balk at giving their fingerprints
    • Fund armed guards in schools OR claim that we shouldn't turn our schools into armed camps and blame the NRA and AR15s for school violence
    • etc....etc....etc....
    but they'll never say "we can't afford to solve these problems" when it's easier to blame guns, gun owners, and the NRA...

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    what pizzes me off is they make it sound like anyone and everyone from NJ or MD or whereever can walk into a gun store in PA and buy whatever they want, walk out, take it back across the border and start shootin up the place, because there are lax gun laws and a glut of guns blah blah its ********.

Most criminals are stealing guns, buying them from straw purchasers or tapping states with more lax gun laws such as Virginia and Pennsylvania, Thomson said.

In Pennsylvania, no permit is required to buy guns in stores or at gun shows, and there's no limit to the number of firearms a person can purchase at one time. Instead, the state requires a permit to carry weapons openly or concealed outside of a home.

"Pennsylvania is one of the states where there is just a glut of firearms," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey. "You don't have to travel too far to get your hand on a gun here."

Ramsey, who wants stronger gun laws, acknowledged that his city's weapons often make their way into Camden.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    what pizzes me off is they make it sound like anyone and everyone from NJ or MD or whereever can walk into a gun store in PA and buy whatever they want, walk out, take it back across the border and start shootin up the place, because there are lax gun laws and a glut of guns blah blah its ********.

Most criminals are stealing guns, buying them from straw purchasers or tapping states with more lax gun laws such as Virginia and Pennsylvania, Thomson said.

In Pennsylvania, no permit is required to buy guns in stores or at gun shows, and there's no limit to the number of firearms a person can purchase at one time. Instead, the state requires a permit to carry weapons openly or concealed outside of a home.

"Pennsylvania is one of the states where there is just a glut of firearms," said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey. "You don't have to travel too far to get your hand on a gun here."

Ramsey, who wants stronger gun laws, acknowledged that his city's weapons often make their way into Camden.

Ramsey was an asshat commissioner when he was in DC. I see nothing has changed.....

swerv88

Apr 16, 2013
    Would be nice if they actually passed tougher laws for the criminals instead of just taking the honest man's $$$

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Would be nice if they actually passed tougher laws for the criminals instead of just taking the honest man's $$$

That's too expensive.

I can't wait until we can use the sound bytes from the SB281 debate against the incumbents. Soft on crime because jail costs too much.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Yes former DC Police Chief Ramsey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom