• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Hi Everyone, been trolling for some time and finally joined. I have a question regarding the 30 wait period. I purchased a new FNX-40 on 2/1 & still waiting on the paper work to come back. Last night I found a M&P9 Pro that have been lusting after so I ordered it. Is this going to have to sit at my FFL for 30 days before I can submit the paper work ? Or does can I have 2 sets of paper work in at the same time since with current wait times will be over 30 days before can pick up. Sorry for the ignorance but appreciate the help.

cmulligan80

Feb 5, 2013
    Rockville
    I was told by my ffl that I had to wait 30 (27 days including 7 day wait) from date of pickup. Technically you can hand in the paperwork whenever you want, but there is a question if you have received a regulated firearm within the past thirty days. You would have to check "yes".
    I had a buddy of mine who did that. He is waiting on his paper work so I can't say how that worked out for him.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Better description would be 60-80 day wait. Look into getting the MD "Collectors Status" this will eliminate the 30 day wait.

Until they eliminate the Collectors Status...

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thanks for the info, that is what I was afraid of. Not sure want to risk being denied if I submit paper and check yes to that question. Bud's had to lure me in with great price on something had been looking for. I should not be allowed to do late night shopping....

Dec 31, 2012
    I have filled out paperwork for a regulated purchase 1 week before delivery of a previous regulated purchase. Time of delivery/possession of first was 30 days from time of delivery/possession of second. No problems.
    Of course that was before the current wait times when 7 days actually meant 7 days.

The family's current purchase will be more like a 7(42) day wait....

Feb 28, 2013
    I was told by my ffl that I had to wait 30 (27 days including 7 day wait) from date of pickup.

So in other words, since I'm picking up my AR-15 on saturday 3-9, I could go submit an app on an AK I want on monday 4-1, and not get any grief from the state?

tenex

Oct 23, 2008
    Simply stated, the 30 day wait is from pick-up to pick-up. The answer to the question is "NO" because you have not bought a regulated gun in the past 30 days.
    So, if forms are taking 45 days the earliest that you will pick-up your second gun will be at day 75. May I suggest that if you were to do a multiple purchase, ie. form 77M, you could conceivably pick-up 4 reg guns in 105 days.
    (2 on day 45 and 2 more 60 days later)
    Just saying...

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    do family gifts fall into the same 30 wait?

if my dad gifted me a hand gun, would i have to wait the additional time to purchase another? or vice versa.. if i bought one, would i have to wait before my dad could gift me one?

07MDRubi

Sep 3, 2012
    Simply stated, the 30 day wait is from pick-up to pick-up. The answer to the question is "NO" because you have not bought a regulated gun in the past 30 days.
    So, if forms are taking 45 days the earliest that you will pick-up your second gun will be at day 75. May I suggest that if you were to do a multiple purchase, ie. form 77M, you could conceivably pick-up 4 reg guns in 105 days.
    (2 on day 45 and 2 more 60 days later)
    Just saying...

Just to clarify, if I am waiting on paperwork from a purchase in mid February and I fill out paperwork for something today I would answer "no" to the question about purchasing a regulated weapon in the past 30 days? This is because MD does not consider the item purchased until the paperwork is returned and the item picked up, correct?

I am thinking of doing this and hoping my designated collector status is returned while I wait but want to make sure I am covered and not answering incorrectly on the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom