• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Finally got to break out my 300blk and put my new sdn6 on the end of it and have some suppressor joy. Was cleaning tonight and when separated the upper and lower looked like someone took a gold pepper shaker to the inside of the action.

It might be normal but I have never seen anything like this. Of course cleaned then thought to take pictures......

8.5 inch Noveske barrel, pistol length gas and std buffer weight. Shot supers and subs. Remington 220's and gemtech 187's. Never had this before the suppressor.

Should I be concerned?

Last edited:

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I like that answer ! Just have never seen with this setup pre suppressor running supers and I am a newb in this fun world.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Shooting the supersonic will over gas the system and increase the blow back into the upper and lower receiver. Do you have an adjustable gas block? I highly recommend you look into one. I have the MicroMOA and love it. It cuts down on blow back, recoil and dirt in the gun.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    It's from the Gemtec ammo. It is a filler to take up space in the casing for a more efficient and consistant powder burn.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Noveske barrel and SDN6 here as well and I get the same thing when shooting Gemtech Subsonic ammo.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thank you everyone. The knowledge base here is awesome. Really appreciate it and great to hear it is the ammo and not something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom