• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    $239 B. Echeverria Star Super B 9mm Handguns at AIM

Per the website:

Spanish made Star Super B 9mm caliber Handguns. Awesome "1911 style" 9mm handguns, built with a quality of craftsmanship you just do not see anymore. The "Super" resembles the 1911 in appearance yet incorporates the locking mechanism of the FN Hi Power.They will have checkered synthetic grips and include 2 8rd magazines. Expect them to have some metal finish wear as the pictures show. Mechanically they are in excellent condition and are incredible shooters. Specs include: 5.25" Bbl; 8.03" Overall; 2.21 lbs weight."

$10 for handpick.

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=2418&name=B.+Echeverria+Star+Super+B+9mm+Handguns

Attachments

• F1STARSUPB.jpg
      F1STARSUPB.jpg
      115.7 KB · Views: 359

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

I thought that too but they are listed under their C&R Section.....this info below is from Star's website. Unless I am reading something wrong this would make some of them C&R, no?

Model B-Super

Made from 1946 to the end of classic-model production in 1983, model Bs with Super upgrades were produced. The major change is the replacement of the swinging link with a Sig 210 (or modern Star) style closed cam path integral to the barrel. Related to this, a full-length guide rod with captive spring, and a quick takedown lever were added as well. All of these models have a magazine safety, but one slightly different from the later S variants, and the extractor is modified to double as a loaded-chamber indicator. Additionally, the sights are improved in shape to make them easier to see, and minor changes were made

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I thought that too but they are listed under their C&R Section.....this info below is from Star's website. Unless I am reading something wrong this would make some of them C&R, no?

Model B-Super

Made from 1946 to the end of classic-model production in 1983, model Bs with Super upgrades were produced. The major change is the replacement of the swinging link with a Sig 210 (or modern Star) style closed cam path integral to the barrel. Related to this, a full-length guide rod with captive spring, and a quick takedown lever were added as well. All of these models have a magazine safety, but one slightly different from the later S variants, and the extractor is modified to double as a loaded-chamber indicator. Additionally, the sights are improved in shape to make them easier to see, and minor changes were made

Some of them are C&R but I believe you have to remove the left grip to see the stamp to figure out the year it was made. SO MD Mustangs can confirm this if I'm wrong I bet. I doubt that AIM bothered to do that and its listed in the C&R section by mistake, but if not, I would be tempted to get one (rather get a second one) :) Might be worth a call when they open.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Some of them are C&R but I believe you have to remove the left grip to see the stamp to figure out the year it was made. SO MD Mustangs can confirm this if I'm wrong I bet. I doubt that AIM bothered to do that and its listed in the C&R section by mistake, but if not, I would be tempted to get one (rather get a second one) :-)

I looked on Gunboards and they said some are C&R via the 50 year rule. So AIM may have listed them in there buy mistake...or....perhaps they are ok. I took a chance and placed an order. If they stop it so be it. If not, nothing lost.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    This.

I emailed SOG the other day and asked if any of their Supers had the C&R date code and I got "these are not C&R" and "your [sic] welcome".

If you're [] hoping that someone at these places is looking out for the C&R Man, keep dreaming.

I doubt they are looking out for the "C&R man" but they have always been very good to 03 holders IMHO. So, maybe by chance, these are old enough where SOG's weren't. The order probably will be canceled but hey...Nothing ventured nothing gained....

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I doubt they are looking out for the "C&R man" but they have always been very good to 03 holders IMHO. So, maybe by chance, these are old enough where SOG's weren't. The order probably will be canceled but hey...Nothing ventured nothing gained....

I think you are giving SOG a lot of credit. I'm 99% sure that they did not take the time to even look.

If by some chance Aim does ship one to you and it's not C&R, make sure you send it back. I don't think I'd log it - just open, check, box and return.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    If by some chance Aim does ship one to you and it's not C&R, make sure you send it back. I don't think I'd log it - just open, check, box and return.

I know just where you are coming from with this statement, but I also think that it would be very useful if you'd plainly state why you suggest this? Clearly lay out for the new C&R holder what's at stake (and maybe why your opinion might carry a little more weight than mine, for example).

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I think you are giving SOG a lot of credit. I'm 99% sure that they did not take the time to even look.

Not sure of the legalities but I would check with my local FFL to see if they could log it in and transfer it. I assume they probably would not since it was not originally shipped to them. But maybe having them log it in their book, after contacting AIM and having AIM adjust their paperwork to show the change, may work.

I will see but I agree I would not log a non-03 item in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom