• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I got some Indy for $299 shipped the other week - should have bought more of it. There's no real problem with something like this, but I bought a 5.56 chamber to shoot high pressure stuff so gotdam, I'm going to shoot high pressure stuff!

Independance is great stuff. For $299 shipped I would have grabbed some too.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    These are made in Taiwan by the 205th Arsenal as an OEM order. From what I heard, powder and primer were supplied by the customer. Bullet and brass are pretty much the same as Taiwan's military ammo except for the headstamp.

Being from Taiwan myself, of course I bought a case when it was first available. No problem after ~500 rounds on my AR so far.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I ordered the 1K ammo can of 223 Wolf Gold earlier in the year from the-armory.com. Great stuff. At my last Appleseed long distance shoot I was putting multiple rounds in a dime-sized hole at 100 yards when I was "on". It got me my second Rifleman patch.

I ordered some earlier this year, and I just reordered again tonight. At 29 cents per round, which included shipping, this is a great deal, and it was cleaner than the PMC ammo I had previously been using before I discovered Wolf Gold.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Independance is great stuff. For $299 shipped I would have grabbed some too.

FYI on Independence

They are having issues with overcharged ammo (way tooooooooo hot), be careful. Check your brass for pronounced ejector markings. If you have them, contact Federal Cartridge, they have received other complaints and will send you a prepaid label to return the rounds.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    FYI on Independence

They are having issues with overcharged ammo (way tooooooooo hot), be careful. Check your brass for pronounced ejector markings. If you have them, contact Federal Cartridge, they have received other complaints and will send you a prepaid label to return the rounds.

A lot number range would help.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Appreciate the pictures, I'll keep an eye on my brass. Any reports on IMI ammo? I recently order some of that as well, though I understand IMI loads the brown-box stuff with their own components to their own standards, while the Independence brand stuff is assembled using Federal components.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

Attachments

• 3882.jpg
      3882.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member