• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Yeah, I kinda figured walmart wouldnt be any good for ammo for a gun like this. I have been doing some reading and think I found the ammo I will try first. Federal Gold Medal Matchking in 168gr. It has fantastic reviews and shows sub MOA in most of those reviews. The price is just bout right. Im going to pick up a case soon then hopefully I wont have to wait to long to go to the range! Its been forever since the last time I was at Elk Neck.

+1 on buying a box of everything and trying it before investing in a full case. Get a good zero and then just try putting down 3 shot groups with each load.

I plan on buying the same rifle when I get back from deployment (700 SPS AAC-SD) and sitting at my house right now is a box of the following:

Federal XM80C 149gr FMJ (closest to the standard M80 ball I could find, for a general zero)
    Hornady TAP LE A-MAX 168gr
    Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr
    Black Hills Match 168gr BTHP
    Black Hills Match 175gr SMK BTHP

I'm sticking with the 168-175 bullets for the twist rate of this rifle and I'll see what I get. Once I narrow it down to a load I like I'll get a bunch more of those.

For optics I have already ordered an SWFA Super Sniper 10X42 30mm scope (SS10X42X), Warne Maxima medium 30mm rings (214M2), and EGW HD rail mount (EGW80002) along with a Harris BRM 1A2 6-9" bipod (1A2BRM). All of that is sitting at my house waiting to meet the rifle. I haven't decided whether or not I'll get a can for the rifle, but I want a platform that will allow for one if I ever decide to. Not sure on the muzzle device, I'll probably just keep the thread protector on there for now.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Again, thanks for the input guys. I am looking at a few other brands now. I dont reload either. Dont have the room for it. I also would rather buy another gun or more ammo with the start up cost for reloading. lol Chad, mind letting me know where you found the hornady for cheaper than the federal? I might be looking at the wrong kind, but Im having a hard time finding it cheaper than the federal.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    there is a website that is currently selling FGMM 168 and 175 for right around $20/box. I think after shipping it is something like $23 or so. Very cheap compared to other websites. I don't know it off the top of my head, but I have posted the website on here before. I think it is MAH supplies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom