• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Anyone know of a 1.25"-wide web gunbelt with ratchet buckle?

I have a couple of Kore gunbelts that I use for EDC (I live in Colorado with a CHP), and I love them.

I use a leather OWB holster with snap-on loops for my Sig P290RS, and I'm fortunate enough to have a waistbelt on my pack that the holster attaches to perfectly. But when I'm in camp, my favorite Northface backpacking trousers have narrower beltloops, and the 1.5" Kore belts just won't fit. The narrower web belts I've got just won't support the gun and holster well.

I can find 1.25" dress leather gunbelts, but I'm looking specifically for a ratchet buckle -- preferably web.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nexbelt EDC. I have 2. I'll never have a regular belt again.
    7bbea59c44e1fba9efbb7a8520619c4e.jpg

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I will keep pushing the biothane belts. They are amazing. Especially for fat guys like me. Fat guys like me don't like ratcheting belts.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nexbelt EDC.

Possibly... though the narrowest they seem to carry is 1-3/8", and that's in leather only. Not sure that would fit through the belt loops. Not cheap to order just to try out...

I will keep pushing the biothane belts. They are amazing. Especially for fat guys like me. Fat guys like me don't like ratcheting belts.

Ha! Well, I specifically want a ratchet. Makes it much easier and more precise to tighten when needed when wearing even an OWB holster...

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Meh. Good luck. Wear jeans. Problem solved.

No, while I wear jeans 98% of the time (in the winter), jeans are crappy for backpacking. The reason I like these particular Northface hiking pants is they've got zip-off legs with side zippers to get them on and off over hiking boots -- I hike with them as shorts, and put the legs on in camp.

Frustrating thing is that there are 1.25" gun belts available (though not major brand-names), but they're leather only with conventional buckles.

Maybe it'd be easier to shop for new backpacking pants...

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Ha! Well, I specifically want a ratchet. Makes it much easier and more precise to tighten when needed when wearing even an OWB holster...

I know how you feel. I bought 2 of them, one black and one brown. The ratchet is a nice design. As I said, I bent one of the mechanisms after about a year. I fixed it, but it doesnt it isnt the same. I started wearing suspenders because of my belt issues. Another forum member here recommended biothane and I havent looked back. I carry IWB and I wrench that bastard tight. I am a big guy and it is the way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No, while I wear jeans 98% of the time (in the winter), jeans are crappy for backpacking. The reason I like these particular Northface hiking pants is they've got zip-off legs with side zippers to get them on and off over hiking boots -- I hike with them as shorts, and put the legs on in camp.

Frustrating thing is that there are 1.25" gun belts available (though not major brand-names), but they're leather only with conventional buckles.

Maybe it'd be easier to shop for new backpacking pants...

So, you are ok with your holster sliding up and down because of a belt that won't fit the holster slot flush?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nexbelt EDC. I have 2. I'll never have a regular belt again.

Though I have never met Blaster, I now wear his favorite belt. Every day. I have a couple of traditional belts cut for gun carrying, but the Nexbelt is a far superior choice. In and out of vehicles, etc., it's perfect while that IWB is cuddling up to my big cuddly self.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Though I have never met Blaster, I now wear his favorite belt. Every day. I have a couple of traditional belts cut for gun carrying, but the Nexbelt is a far superior choice. In and out of vehicles, etc., it's perfect while that IWB is cuddling up to my big cuddly self.

AMEN! Figures these belts become a thing AFTER I retire. I sure would have loved to be able to loosen a 1/4-1/2 inch or so when cramped in an airplane seat with all my "gear".
    Thick/wide/heavy leather "Gun belts" are so old school now.

Think I am going to order another today. Rotating between 2 or 3 will give many years of use. Just like you have to rotate shoes.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So, you are ok with your holster sliding up and down because of a belt that won't fit the holster slot flush?

For EDC, I use a 1.5" Kore gunbelt. The OWB holster has snap loops specifically made for 1.5" belts. So no slippage there. (OWB, because it's more comfortable than my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB holster, easier to remove and put on in the car if there's a business that's not gun-friendly, and I always wear my shirts untucked so the small P290RS is well-concealed.)

I'm looking for a 1.25" gunbelt just for those occasions while backpacking when I'm in camp, that would be more stable than the web belts I've got. Yeah, there would be some shifting, but I can live with that.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Actually, a Nexbelt Go-In Shield V.3 might work. It's leather, but should be stiff enough if it's a gun belt:

https://www.nexbelt.com/products/go-in-shield-3-0-black?_pos=1&_sid=afd6e8431&_ss=r

It's 1-3/8" wide, which might just go through the narrow front tunnel loops on my backpacking pants -- depending how thick the strap is. Don't need the EDC clasp for extra $10, since the sub-compact gun and holster would be the only thing on it.

Don't need the cute ball marker in the flip-open buckle. But could probably put on an Apollo buckle (yay, for $21 extra)...

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So what I finally ordered was a Nexbelt Bond Carbon Black belt, with an Apollo Black buckle.

It came today, and at 1-3/8" barely fits through the front belt tunnels on the pants. Good enough:

JarSgcI.jpg

The buckle doesn't have the EDC screws, but it should certainly hold well enough for the sub-compact gun and holster around camp...

Thanks guys!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So what I finally ordered was a Nexbelt Bond Carbon Black belt, with an Apollo Black buckle.

It came today, and at 1-3/8" barely fits through the front belt tunnels on the pants. Good enough:

JarSgcI.jpg

The buckle doesn't have the EDC screws, but it should certainly hold well enough for the sub-compact gun and holster around camp...

Thanks guys!

Thing is, I bet the belt is heavier than the pants. Not really, but I've had those pants and they were pretty light.

Good luck with the belt. I love Nexbelt.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thing is, I bet the belt is heavier than the pants. Not really, but I've had those pants and they were pretty light.

They are light. One reason why I like them. And does seem like the belt is heavier than the pants.

I really do need the gun belt, because last summer I was using a floppy thin web belt. Not comfortable with a holster at. All.

The old Tatonka pack that I got 20 years ago in Germany happens to have a waist belt without pockets, but with a strap and a pseudo-Molle strip to which I can snap the holster when hiking. Very comfy and secure. But I can't use that in camp:

g1pAgZi.jpg

The pack really is heavy by today's standards, but I'm not getting a new one unless I can find one with a similar waist belt.

Good luck with the belt. I love Nexbelt.

Thanks! Kore belts are good too; but they don't make them narrower than 1-1/2"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom