• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Hell it took 45 days before they sent a letter saying they received my payment and paperwork, but literally when I mailed off their site didn’t say anything about 6 months and then a couple weeks it showed it

I hope they hurry up

Mine expires in June, I sent the renewal in at least a month ago

I would think 3-4 months would be plenty, but what do I know

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My VA expires next month. Back in January I sent the email requesting the package to renew. A couple of days later I get an email back informing me that the fingerprint card could be printed on card stock and the forms could be printed from their website and did I really want them to send me a renewal package? I replied back to them that yes, I really did want them to send me the package at so and so address thank you very much.

Crickets.

F them and their C note.

My MD, UT and FL permits are recognized, other than the GFZ thing I'm not sure why I was even bothering.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My VA expires next month. Back in January I sent the email requesting the package to renew. A couple of days later I get an email back informing me that the fingerprint card could be printed on card stock and the forms could be printed from their website and did I really want them to send me a renewal package? I replied back to them that yes, I really did want them to send me the package at so and so address thank you very much.

Crickets.

F them and their C note.

My MD, UT and FL permits are recognized, other than the GFZ thing I'm not sure why I was even bothering.

Odd, I emailed and two days later I hit my package

Folks md won’t issue permits to like va nr permits especially if they spend a lotta time down there and for the gfz protection they provide down there

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Odd, I emailed and two days later I hit my package

Folks md won’t issue permits to like va nr permits especially if they spend a lotta time down there and for the gfz protection they provide down there

It's never been a problem in the past, usually get the package toot sweet but this time for some reason I got nada.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why bother? VA recognizes all other states' permits.

Other than the GFSZ part, it's seemingly not worth 100 bucks.

The GFSZA charge is reportedly an add on to other charges anyway..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    When I found out VA had improved their permits two years ago, I requested s replacement permit since the new ones now fit in your wallet. My new permit said repalcement permit and even though I called and told them it was misspelled, they never sent me a corrected one.

It made me laugh for some reason

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'll ask this ,because I'm lazy.

My brother is a resident of VA. Could I get a non- res. CWP in VA? I do not have a CC permit in any other state.

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville
    Still waiting on mine... how's everyone else doing? Sent in early April, check cashed end of April. Expired the end of June and still in Limbo.

Typically it’s 30-45 days till they cash the check , then it’s the 5 month wait , it will literally be 6months on the dot when you get it , heck the letter will be dated two weeks after your permit

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Still waiting on mine... how's everyone else doing? Sent in early April, check cashed end of April. Expired the end of June and still in Limbo.

I got mine 2 weeks ago and my son got his Friday

I believe the three of us did it about the same time and sent personal checks to boot

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Just get a NH non-resident! Send $100 and the one page app and done....15-20 days from the day you mailed, it's in your hand. Gives VA, WV,and NC...plus a bunch of others. Not quite as good as a VA, but it'll do.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Nope. New issue. I did email right under 3 months for status and was told that they had my money and it was under review. Not sure if that had any effect.

We are talking about our renewals, they have stretched out to 6 months give or take

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just get a NH non-resident! Send $100 and the one page app and done....15-20 days from the day you mailed, it's in your hand. Gives VA, WV,and NC...plus a bunch of others. Not quite as good as a VA, but it'll do.

My NH is current which is why I'm not worried about the VA one being expired... but would still like to get the VA one... that one is good in TX while NH isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom