• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEK

Oct 7, 2012
    Genova's at 140 and 97 next to 5 Guys, has a pretty darn good cheesesteak and their fries with cheese and bacon goes well with it.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    When I went there.......

Because they are the most popular doesn't make them the best. Go there any night and its loaded with drunk college kids and tourists who don't know any better. If you want a good steak check out Chink's, Delasandro's, John's Roast Pork, or even Campo's. Any one of them blows Pat's or Geno's overpriced mess out of the water.

I used to do disaster recovery at Sungard on N.Broad st, near the Philly Inquirer. There was a guy who had a cart selling them in front on the street. Grill up the steak and onions, melt on the cheese, great bread and a nice guy. It's in the street view on Google!
    They were awesome and just blew away Pat's or Geno's.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Some Chinese take-out in Annapolis on west st behind papa johns. I was shocked at how good it was. Don't care if it I was something else besides beef, it was good!

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    MEAT

Some Chinese take-out in Annapolis on west st behind papa johns. I was shocked at how good it was. Don't care if it I was something else besides beef, it was good!

Hshahahahahahaha that's EXACTLY what I was thinking....but...rattlesnake is supposed to taste like chicken!! :D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Yea but they have used the same type of meat for years and when I was in high school you could get a sub and fries for $5.50 not any more

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

When I was in high school gas was $.89/gallon. :lol2:

Kcruz2189

Jul 25, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    J&P and Pizza Bolis

I live in Westminster and really like the Cheesesteak from J&P. I'm referring to the one off of Rt. 140, across from Safeway. Very good sub and the toppings are always fresh. I also like Pizza Boli's cheesesteak, too. Thanks for making me hungry!:)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    All of you here in Carroll County haven't had a GOOD cheesesteak sub if you're comparing the local cheesesteak sub establishments and indicating they're good. I'll be pickin' up several of 'em from captain Harvey's tomorrow for several of the MDS members and others and we will feast out and gorge ourselves with these monster gooey cheesesteaks.:D:drool:

I'll have to get ShallNotInfringe to take and post some pics. Hopefully she has a camera. Hold up, Bolts Rock will have a camera so I'll have him post pics.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well, Lou45 made the trip today to Captain Harveys on Merritt Boulevard after the MSP/ATF seminar and brought back the cheesesteak sub orders for a few of the members here. Senor Mopar stopped by the house this evening and took delivery of his cheeso-steako subbo. I guess we'll be awaiting his reply regarding his rating.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Well, Lou45 made the trip today to Captain Harveys on Merritt Boulevard after the MSP/ATF seminar and brought back the cheesesteak sub orders for a few of the members here. Senor Mopar stopped by the house this evening and took delivery of his cheeso-steako subbo. I guess we'll be awaiting his reply regarding his rating.

O. M. G.

I have never seen ANY sandwich this big in my life!!! It'll feed a family of 8!

Ya, it's good! Now, I gotta go make a hole n my leg so I can eat it all!

Attachments

• image-3717442942.jpg
      image-3717442942.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 232

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Uhhh... You do know that those two places fight for the top spot along with a few others every year in Philly? American and whiz are probably the two most popular cheeses for locals and "tourist" alike. And whiz is probably the more popular choice from what I've seen growing up.

Whiz is NOT cheese. Enough said.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    I used to do disaster recovery at Sungard on N.Broad st, near the Philly Inquirer. There was a guy who had a cart selling them in front on the street. Grill up the steak and onions, melt on the cheese, great bread and a nice guy. It's in the street view on Google!
    They were awesome and just blew away Pat's or Geno's.

Went up to Sungard a couple of years ago for a recovery drill. Had my first genuine Philly cheesestake hogie brought in and it tasted like heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom