• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Picked up my new AR-15 from Doug (10Xclean) from GC Wednesday,, WOW,, I am not worthy. I took it to AGC to break and site it in,,, WOW,, just F-ing WOW. I was pretty much shooting off sand bags,, with "junk" ammo and pretty much shooting MOA or so. SO,,, after putting about 60rnds through it I decided to try a 5 rnd string standing,, no coat,,, and put results that the Garand could come no where close.

AR is a RRA NM2 upper,, Stag lower with RRA parts,, Thanks Doug!!!

Tom

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    um...yea!

Attachments

• yawn.jpg
      yawn.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 462

Ultimate Member
    Picked up my new AR-15 from Doug (10Xclean) from GC Wednesday,, WOW,, I am not worthy. I took it to AGC to break and site it in,,, WOW,, just F-ing WOW. I was pretty much shooting off sand bags,, with "junk" ammo and pretty much shooting MOA or so. SO,,, after putting about 60rnds through it I decided to try a 5 rnd string standing,, no coat,,, and put results that the Garand could come no where close.

AR is a RRA NM2 upper,, Stag lower with RRA parts,, Thanks Doug!!!

Tom

you like using wolf steel case?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Ok,, Since I didn't know about the foot rule when I posted my Nagant pics a while back,,, I included TWO feet,,

ry%3D480

Ultimate Member

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AW223PFMJ55&name=WPA+(Wolf)+.223+55gn+FMJ+20rd+Box&groupid=21

aw223fmj55.jpg

it is the cheapest ammo you can buy and the casing eats up some extractors and other components around the chamber since it is not brass. AKs love it, but I was just kinda joking with the guys new AR thread asking if he is using this trashy ammo.

Oh ok,,, by "junk" ammo I meant non match grade. I have a bunch of Federal Brass case boxer primed ammo I am useing to get seed stock for brass

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    nice AR THier!

What's the barrel twist, and what bullet weights were you using?

(I can't believe I'm curious about these things now, and posting at 4 something in the morning... is there a 12 step program? Just Kidding, this is my family approved hobby.) :)

1 in 8,, this is shooting commercial 55gr ammo. I am useing this for the brass to reload 70gr match bullets

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom