• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Yup, got lucky last time and found the only 2 boxes of Wold LR primers i was looking for in the entire place...gotta look for powder this time around

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    Does anyone know the deal for selling long rifles to MD residents? I've heard some stories of VA folk refusing to sell to us.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Some are OK with it (like Jerry's for example ) some won't entertain the idea because in there eyes MD laws are nuts ,as well as they are not familiar with them.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm headed down Saturday morning.

As far as dealers. There are both. Some will sell to MD residents and some won't. Just have to ask.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This will be interesting. There is a 3 day gun show at the Oaks in PA these same days. I know a few dealers that usually go to both of these. It will be interesting to see what show loses out.

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    They won't even talk to you if you say you are from Maryland. Don't bother.

So the rumors are true.

Some are OK with it (like Jerry's for example ) some won't entertain the idea because in there eyes MD laws are nuts ,as well as they are not familiar with them.

I don't think they're crazy just yet. Could be far worse.

This will be interesting. There is a 3 day gun show at the Oaks in PA these same days. I know a few dealers that usually go to both of these. It will be interesting to see what show loses out.

I've had better luck with PA people. VA companies usually seem way too on edge.

Trader Jerry's has some of the best pricing on guns at the show. And a huge variety.

I'll check them out. Hopefully they move enough inventory to be familiar with MD laws. I'm assuming this would require FFL no matter what I purchase?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Yes, you'll need to go through an FFL unless you're buying reloading supplies.

if a marylander is buying a long gun at the VA gun show (from an FFL like Trader Jerry), that is otherwise legal in MD (and without a waiting period), can't they just cash and carry?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

I've been to Chantilly when there's an Oaks show going on. Definitely a drop off, with some vendors choosing one over the other, and other vendors splitting their people and merchandise.

The biggest show at Oaks is their Extravaganza, March 24-26. 2,000 tables. I get up there nearly every year for the last eight, and am never disappointed.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I haven't been to the Dulles show for 2 years because of the large crowds and high prices, but I'm recently interested in the "solvent trap" kits. I'm planning to send in a Form 1. Does anyone know if there are sellers of these kits at the Dulles show? Are their prices lower than mail order?
    thanks.

I thought I read that the company that makes " solvent traps" recently got shut down by the ATF.

That would be SD Tactical and here is an article about the issue with them and I would assume other business's that might do the same thing. Their is also a good thread here on MDS about them and their products before this portion of their business got shut down.

Also I'm going to try to make it the the show on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom