• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Yes & no, MSP might list them as banned, but they should be good to go as long as you get the OAL to 29"

Of course this depends on which barrel length you choose.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The will have to have a CA compliant version. The CA compliant version will likely also be MD compliant. It is not yet clear what they will do. Short term, someone can probably put on a an aftermarket non-evil doohickey.

Tavors we get the compensator. Not sure I want a muzzle brake on a bullpup 308.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    These are shipping. Not the Maryland compliant versions with 18" barrel, though. To get a MD compliant one they have to put a thingy on the end to make it long enough.

ETA: it will be interesting to see which comes first: the MDR MD-compliant with 18" barrel, or the Tavor 7 in 7.62x51 (Jan 2018) with 18" barrel.

https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2017/06/28/iwi-us-teases-7-62x51-x95/#more-85711

My bet would be the Tavor 7 at this rate, but it'll be close.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    These are shipping. Not the Maryland compliant versions with 18" barrel, though. To get a MD compliant one they have to put a thingy on the end to make it long enough.

ETA: it will be interesting to see which comes first: the MDR MD-compliant with 18" barrel, or the Tavor 7 in 7.62x51 (Jan 2018) with 18" barrel.

https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2017/06/28/iwi-us-teases-7-62x51-x95/#more-85711

My bet would be the Tavor 7 at this rate, but it'll be close.

308 is not regulated, so why would the T7 be?

So what your saying its the PLATFORM would be illegal...due to length...

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    Since it's an OAL length issue with the standard barrel (16"), is it legal to increase the buttpad area to partly or fully makeup the 3" difference?

All of the talk of "permanent" mods tend to have to do with the muzzle end, where as stocks seem to go more under the radar, since MD allows even retractable stocks to be in their fully extended position when measuring OAL compliance.

Im really interested in the rifle, but don't want a pinned muzzle device. I plan on shooting it suppressed, and it's a screw on, so the muzzle device has to come off.

Are there any other options to increase the OAL besides waiting for the 19" barrel?

Last edited:

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    I've never seen a 3" buttpad. But if you find one that can be screwed on, yeah that would work.

I haven't either :lol2:, but figured it might open up options if that was a legal way to increase OAL.

I was thinking something along the lines of this:
    https://stockpositioning.com/products/sps-2-sliding-post-adjustable-lop-pad-plate-black-stock-positioning

I realize this specific one might not fit, but something adjustable.

Maybe the best thing would be to wait until DT comes out with the 19" version and use an adjustable pad to make up for taking off the muzzle device, assuming the muzzle device is pinned to meet the OAL requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom