• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Well Im a bit ticked. Have my VA app all filled out but finding time during business hours to wait to get printed has been a bear. I had to take off to renew my Ft meade sticker and saw on the web site they do printing. Fine they do but not for non-dod purposes. Today hit MD state police in Odenton who Ft meade recommended - Great saturday hours. But I was handed a 2 page memo stating they no longer do fingerprinting for gun permits! Local seem to only do 4 hour periods 2 days a week - during normal business hours.

So should I bringthe card to Dulles show tomorrow or the york show next weekend? Any idea if anyone will be doing printing there?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    you can go to your county police and have them do it, I did mine in Baltimore at the towson safety building on a Saturday in and out in 10mins. The officer who took my prints even wished me luck in getting the permit.

John

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I just double checked where I went - I walked into the Western district of AA county in Odenton. The guy was right inside the door and turned me away

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    MD State police stopped doing prints for firearms back in January. You can get them done up at CJIS in Pikesville. Waiting time can be long. Also, if you are down in Fairfax, the Fairfax County Police Annex will do them. It is near the main court house. They are VERY fast. That is where I got my prints done for VA CCW. 12 minutes in and out the door!

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Did you tell them it was for OUT OF STATE permit? True that the MSP will not fingerprint for MD CCW b/c that is now electronic LiveScan. But I've found the MSP-Rockville barracks will print you for whatever purpose. When I told them it was for ccw, they said no can do, but when I explained it was for out of state, they were ok.
    It's just ink on someone else's card. I don't think they really care what for. They probably thought they were helping you out by sending you away if they thought you were there for MD ccw. Believe it or not, ppl really do apply for MD ccw.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Is that a new thing? I was printed a couple years ago and they did the old fashioned ink ones at Belair.

think they said they were doing livescan only starting in January but if you get a trooper that will listen I guess anything is possible

Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

December 20, 2009

TO: APPLICANTS FOR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION
    RE: NEW FINGERPRINT PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2010
    EFFECTIVE January 1, 2010, The Maryland Department of State Police will no longer accept federal and/or state fingerprint cards from Applicants for Permits, Licenses, Commissions or any other type of certification or identification related to Licensing Division activities and/or responsibilities.
    The Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, the entity that processes both State and Federal fingerprint cards (inked and rolled type), has notified the Maryland State Police that they will only process electronic submissions of fingerprints beginning on January 1, 2010.
    EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2010, ALL FINGERPRINTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA AN APPROVED SITE OR VENDOR. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE USE THE BELOW LINK TO REVIEW THE NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES PRESENTED BY THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONAL SERVICES AS WELL AS TO LOCATE THE SITES AVAILABLE FOR ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINTING:
    http://www.dpscs.maryland.gov/public...gerprint.shtml
    APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AS SENT TO THE LICENSING DIVISION OR STAMPED AS DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FINGERPRINTS BEING ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 72 HOURS IT WILL BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: ATTACH THE RECEIPT PROVIDED BY THE FINGERPRINT PROCESSING CENTER TO THE FRONT LEFT UPPER CORNER OF THE FIRST PAGE OF THE APPLICATION WHEN SUBMITTING. Applications received without the receipt may not be processed in a timely manner. Authorization codes for the various requests are available at the fingerprint sites.
    IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY THE LICENSING DIVISION AND WE DO NOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATION THAT THE FINGERPRINTS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED WITHIN FIVE BUSINESS DAYS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED.
    FEES TO THE LICENSING DIVISION ARE NON REFUNDABLE. FEES PAID TO THE ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT PROCESSING CENTER DO NOT INCLUDE THOSE FEES OWED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION FOR THE PROCESSING OF THE ACTUAL APPLICATION. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CALCULATED YOUR FEES CORRECTLY. CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS SENT TO THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE SHOULD NOT INCLUDE THOSE FOR FINGERPRINTS UNLESS PAPER FINGERPRINT CARDS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS.
    One exception to the above procedure exists. If you are an applicant who maintains a primary residence outside of Maryland AND this address is supported by an out of state driver’s license you may continue to submit State and Federal fingerprint cards. All other applicants who submit fingerprint cards will have their application rejected.
    FINGERPRINT FEE CODES
    Below are the codes to be used when having your fingerprints taken for submission to the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services in response to a request for services from the Maryland State Police Licensing Division.

1. Handgun Permit …………………………………………………… 9400082484
    2. Security Guard (Individual) …………………………………….. 9300000802
    3. Private Detective (Individual) …………………………………….. 9400082495
    4. Security Agency/Private Detective Agency (Company)…… 9400082495
    5. Special Police/Railroad Police Commissions ………………… 9400082506
    6. Security Systems Agency/Security Systems Technicians… 9700004860
    7. Regulated Firearms Dealer …………………………………….. 9400082473
    8. Class III ……………………………………………………………. 9400082473

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    That is new!!! I wonder what they are going to do with my permit renewal as I just sent it in with ink cards. It didn't say any of that stuff on the application, why am I not surprised.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Did you tell them it was for OUT OF STATE permit? True that the MSP will not fingerprint for MD CCW b/c that is now electronic LiveScan. But I've found the MSP-Rockville barracks will print you for whatever purpose. When I told them it was for ccw, they said no can do, but when I explained it was for out of state, they were ok.
    It's just ink on someone else's card. I don't think they really care what for. They probably thought they were helping you out by sending you away if they thought you were there for MD ccw. Believe it or not, ppl really do apply for MD ccw.

I have not had a reason to go back since I was last printed in February for NFA reasons. College Park turned me away, so I just went to CJIS. No problems there. The volunteers that print you at the Rockville barracks are very nice. They did 12 cards for me in Dec & early Jan. Probably not a bad idea just to explain to them if it is for an out of state permit.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I did explain it was for out of state but he refused. And this was county not state. Oh well.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Charles Co. Sherrifs office will do the finger prints for an out of state CCW. I think they have hours on Wed. or Thur. evenings. Give them a call to make sure. 301-932-2222 Mdeng

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    That was enough for a 2 month period. I did my part to help stimulate the economy and pay voluntary taxes.

You know that if you submit multiple NFA Form 4s you only need two blue cards regardless of the number of forms, right :)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You know that if you submit multiple NFA Form 4s you only need two blue cards regardless of the number of forms, right :)

Even from 4 different dealers? Some of those cards were the purple ones for MSP. MSP made me submit a different purple card for each dealer. Also, not all of my forms were submitted to BATFE at the same time, and several items were on Form 1s.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Can I have any LE fingerprint me? I have a federal officer who was a coworker at my last place of employment who is willing to do it. This would save a ton of hassle.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I spoke with a trooper in the Westminster barracks and they will do an out of state ccw fingerprint card. The hours in Westminster are Fridays 9-11:30, though I'm hping to get the Carroll County Sheriff Office today to get it done.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm in montgomery county and it's not always easy to get away for something as simple as fingerprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom