• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Anyone recommend certain gun ranges near Annapolis? (pay to play, don't have time with clubs, the one's around here seems very strict/complicated/expensive)

I shoot 5.56 (rifle) and will be shooting 6.5 grendel, preferably 1000 yard (but shorter works too).

If i only go by google reviews, seems all the ranges will abuse me and fiddle my guns :rolleyes:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Bridgeville goes out 600. Might be 1000 now, I’m not certain

Bridgeville does have 1000 yard range for their F-Class matches. I believe you must be sponsored by an existing member to become a member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The Naval Academy has a really nice 500 yarder...

BUT we can't use it...
    Fort Meade goes to 600, but extremely limited access. Fort Meade Rod & Gun and Meade Rifle & Pistol Club schedule range time, but it is limited times and access is on scheduled times i.e. you can't just come and go as you please. Ranges are owned by Department of Interior and operated by NSA through a Memorandum of Agreement.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Ronan, have you shot at 1000 yds?

Q

Absolutely not. It's a goal i have had for a long, long time. Why 1000 yard? No idea... most likely because 1 mile would require an absurd amount of money and skills.... while 1000 yard is less money :D

Actually looking for classes/etc, but doesn't seem to be much around here. Maybe a 'me-vacation' is on order...

BUT we can't use it...

I know... too bad :(

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Well, Yoda ( E.Shell) may chime in. He is the MDS resident long range guru. He used to do long range training in Virginia. Don't know his current training status. Personally, only done 300 and 600 yds. Would like to do 1000 eventually.

Q

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Well, Yoda ( E.Shell) may chime in. He is the MDS resident long range guru. He used to do long range training in Virginia. Don't know his current training status. Personally, only done 300 and 600 yds. Would like to do 1000 eventually.

Q

Sounds like we should go do some 1000 yards! :party29:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Q

I took a class with Ed two years ago and he was fantastic. Last I heard, Ed had suspended training for now but he (and others on this forum) have recommended Bang Steel in southwestern Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

BUT we can't use it...
    Yeah I hear them shooting there frequently, didn’t know they did out to 500 there tho.

Fort Meade goes to 600, but extremely limited access. Fort Meade Rod & Gun and Meade Rifle & Pistol Club schedule range time, but it is limited times and access is on scheduled times i.e. you can't just come and go as you please. Ranges are owned by Department of Interior and operated by NSA through a Memorandum of Agreement.

Yep I shoot with both clubs. Works for me. Ft Meade also has a really nice 1000yd range but we can’t use that either. Damn shame.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    They are at the other NSA in MD.....

Naval Station Annapolis!!!!

What used to be called North Severn....across the River from the Academy.

If you look on the satellite view of Google maps off Cole Road and Alder Roads you can see the ranges including the combo trap/skeet range.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    They are at the other NSA in MD.....

Naval Station Annapolis!!!!

What used to be called North Severn....across the River from the Academy.

If you look on the satellite view of Google maps off Cole Road and Alder Roads you can see the ranges including the combo trap/skeet range.

Yup, found it. Looks like a nice little facility they have there.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Yup, found it. Looks like a nice little facility they have there.

Fort Meade used to have two really nice Trap/Skeet Ranges as well.

One was located on the Northwest side of the Fort off Rt. 175, at the old Rod and Gun Club. It was closed down due to complaints about shot fall on the elementary school on Donaldson Ave.

The other was located on the old Ranges that are now part of the Department of Interior North Tract behind the baseball fields on RT. 198. The Meade Natural Heritage Association, which controls the hunting on the Patuxent Refuge, used to have open shooting on these ranges, until DoI built a Bird watching area on the pond next to them, and the bird watchers complained about the lead contamination.

BTW - Check out the Meade Natural Heritage Association for some limited Range Access and Hunting Opportunities on the Patuxent Refuge:

http://mnha.net/home.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom