Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 24th, 2018, 07:43 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan3413 View Post
WTF is animal birth control? Are they passing out condoms to squirrels now?
I tried to buy animal birth control - isn't that called ammo? Good think there's a store there, because Worth a Shot never has any.
JaegerJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 09:40 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
This is from a longer entry in Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Does the US Census Bureau or other US Gov't entity have an official ruling on Philiphines? On the surface it would indeed appear to be heavily shaped by Spain .

Various forms of possession/ Colony of Spain from mid 1500's , until we obtained it in the Spanish- American War .

Spanish was an official language until 1987 .

In the early days of Philiphine Census taking , the residents were not just allowed, but actively encouraged to adopt to Adopt Spanish Surnames.

At one point , the population of the main populated islands were 1/3 pure honky Spaniards .

The Philippine Colonial Gov'ts paid economic incentives for intermarriage between ethnic groups , and Spaniards were in the highest demand , by factor of up to 10 .
Philipines have way more influences and cultural connection to Spain, than a lot of the Caribbean region countries considered Hispanic .

But it is ignorant is equate all Hispanics with "Mexicans" . Maryland in particular have Hispanics originating from all over Latin America , with no country having dominance.
Lotsa work there to defend the store who shall not be named there. I suppose I'd then argue that while influenced somewhat due to domination, I'd consider the culture in-line with other southeast-asian areas such as Indonesia, Vietnam, and some of the pacific islands further east. If we're still calling spanish domination enough, then I'd ask how you brits are feeling today.
GeorgeSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:45 AM #63

Indonesia and Vietnam never had 30% of their population be Frenchmen . Philippines were way more heavily populated by the Colonizers, and they intermingled way more there , than most Empire/ Colony situations. ( Not sure where it relates here , but even before Spain , the P.I. had significant influxes from China, Japan, and India ).

Racial Identity is essentially self identified. Descent is still largely factual .

I could self declare myself to be of the Martian Race , but I would still be of English descent or equally of Scandinavian descent .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues