• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Well here are two emails that I received regarding activity today near Easton.

~First One~

(Trappe, MD) – Maryland State Police have established a perimeter and are attempting to contact a Talbot County man who is refusing to come out of his house after allegedly telling troopers this morning in a phone call that he had killed his wife.

A positive identification of the man who called has not been made at this time. The condition of the alleged victim has also not been verified, nor has a positive identification been made, due to the situation that is continuing.
    Maryland State Police have surrounded a single-family home in the 5000-block of Ocean Gateway (Rt. 50), in Trappe, Md. The occupants of the home are believed to be a husband and wife.

At about 10:30 a.m. today, troopers at the Easton Barracks received a call from a man at that address who said he had shot and killed his wife earlier this morning. The man also told troopers he was not coming out of his house.

Responding troopers established a perimeter around the house. Due to the statement of the man in the house about his possession and use of a firearm and the proximity of the house to the highway, troopers closed both east and westbound Rt. 50 for the safety of motorists. Detours around the area were established with the assistance of the State Highway Administration.

The Maryland State Police Special Tactical Assault Team Element (STATE) responded to the scene, as have negotiators from the Hostage Recovery Team. Throughout the day, troopers have attempted to make contact with the man, but have been unable to do so. Loud music has been playing from within the house since troopers arrived.

No shots have been fired by the suspect or by police since troopers first arrived on the scene. Troopers are urging the man to surrender and resolve this situation peacefully.

All media interviews will be conducted by Sgt. Betts who is at the Easton Barracks on Rt. 50. There is no media access at or near the scene.

~Last One~

(Trappe, MD) – Maryland State Police found two deceased persons after entering a Talbot County home late this afternoon where they had been since this morning after receiving a call from a man there who said he had shot and killed his wife.

Troopers have found a deceased man and a deceased woman who are believed to have been husband and wife. Positive identifications have not been made at this time. Both bodies will be transported to the Office of the State Medical Examiner in Baltimore for autopsies to determine the cause and manner of death.

At about 3:30 p.m. today, troopers from the Special Tactical Assault Team Element (STATE) Team made a tactical entry into the single-family home in the 5000-block of Ocean Gateway (Rt. 50), in Trappe, Md. Troopers found both individuals deceased. No one else was in the home.

At about 10:30 a.m. today, troopers at the Easton Barracks received a call from a man at that address who said he had shot and killed his wife earlier this morning. The man also told troopers he was not coming out of his house.

Responding troopers established a perimeter around the house. Due to the statement of the man in the house about his possession and use of a firearm and the proximity of the house to the highway, troopers closed both east and westbound Rt. 50 for the safety of motorists.

The detours around the area that were established with the assistance of the State Highway Administration were lifted shortly before 4:00 p.m. today. Traffic is now moving both east and westbound on Rt. 50.

The Maryland State Police Special Tactical Assault Team Element (STATE) responded to the scene, as did negotiators from the Hostage Recovery Team. Throughout the day, troopers attempted to make contact with the man, but never received a response. Loud music was playing from within the house throughout the day.

No shots were believed to have been fired by the suspect during the time police were on the scene. No shots were fired by police since troopers first arrived on the scene.

Members of the Maryland State Police Homicide Unit, State Police Forensics Sciences Division, and the Easton Barracks will remain on the scene throughout the evening. Investigators will be processing the scene to gather information in the ongoing investigation.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It was brutal just getting to Annapolis today. I saw the signs saying that RT50 was closed at Easton but assumed that it was an accident.

I can't imagine what the traffic was like on the Eastern Shore.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    It was brutal just getting to Annapolis today. I saw the signs saying that RT50 was closed at Easton but assumed that it was an accident.

I can't imagine what the traffic was like on the Eastern Shore.

It was pretty light on this end, I'm heading out to the ocean in a few to work my "June Bug" gig. :)

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I had to work in and around Easton today. Crossed RT 50 6 times. :-( Thought I was going to have a short day, got home late and still have a call 1st thing in the morning. All roads were backed up but it did help to know the area.:-)

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Maryland State Police have established a perimeter and are attempting to contact a Talbot County man who is refusing to come out of his house...

Well I guess the fact that he was already dead played a part in why he was "refusing" to come out!

I can't help wondering why it took police all day to figure that out? Sounds like they might still have been waiting outside even now if it hadn't been for a swat team "training nearby" who eventually made entry.
    http://wjz.com/local/barricade.injuries.easton.2.742079.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom