• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    ...a big safe. Sooner or later you'll need it! Don't ask me how I'd know. :innocent0

Congrats. There are many fine choices out there!

jaygibson

Aug 17, 2010
    Great Mills, MD
    How difficult is the process and how long did it take. This is something I have been thinking about. Every time I open up Shotgun News I want this and that and everything else with that c&r tag on it.

Congrats and get something you will want to shoot.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    CZ82 sounds good, already got a makarov. IT only took 2 months and 1 day to get my c&r.May need another safe, the one i got now is almost full.

rfdallas

Feb 18, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Congratulations. My first was a Nagant 1895. Got 2 of them. My favorite is my CZ 82 and i bought 2 Mosin Nagant Rifles. Enjoy yours.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    It's fun having C&R delivered to your door.

Buy what is available now and what you can afford because they won't be around later. Then as the supply dries up, the cost will go up.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    For the past 5 hours I've been dealing with a forecast of snow 200 miles away (where Mrs. J8064 is tonight), scanning financial documents to move a major financial process forward and dealing with 3 Beagles that have been scratching at my legs for attention (I fed 'em and let 'em out. Geez, wasn't once enough?)

But MDS & C&R's are two of my favorite "releases"! So please indulge me here.

There are so many C&R items to choose from. Selecting which one truly depends on your own taste and what a C&R beginner is looking for.

For rifles, Mosins are inexpensive and still economical to feed. Various Mausers also fit that role. Yugos and Turks are still inexpensive, fun and can give you a sore shoulder. K-98's are outstanding, but cost more.

Swiss rifles are terrific. K31's and 96/11's are wonderful C&R's. As are SMLE's. I love my Enfields. And I really like my Arisakas and Carcanos as much as all the others. And don't forget a few C&R SKS's.

For pistols: CZ-52's, CZ-82's, P-64's, Makarovs, Tokarevs, Nagant revolvers, Enfields etc. - there are so many to choose from.

Wherever a new C&R licensee starts is up to him. Learn about the different items available. Compare prices before you buy. When the new C&R item you've been looking for pops up, you'll know when it's the right one for you.

And...get a bigger safe! :innocent0

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    One of the guns i dont get tired of shooting is the Finn M39 mosin's, nice and chunky so they eat a little of the kick, yet they shoot the same round as all the other mosin's so the price of ammo is nice and cheap.

Here is where my addiction has landed me, i right now, have two more rifles on the way... My 10th SKS, and a Vz24, and then tonight I made a deal for a nice old springfield/stevens 12Ga model 67e for 125.00. Will the spending never end?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    One of the nicest things about a C&R...being able to go out of state and buy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom