• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    SCARCQB is dead on with the oxygen causing the first round pop. It is usually most noticable with larger blast chambers, the first chamber of the suppressor. The SWR uses an 'omega' baffle and has a small but efficient blast area, which contributes to the lessened first round pop. Adding media will help with first round pop for sure. I prefer water based products, because the lower boiling point makes them more efficient at cooling gases. I do not like WD40, or any other lubricant that contains any teflon. Teflon, when super heated, breaks down in to a corrosive compound. The military learned this when they tried teflon coating cannon barrels. I forget what the exact compound is that it becomes, but it does happen and could cause corrosion in the suppressor over time. Blowing in the suppressor will not do anything, as your exhaled air has nearly the same percentage of oxygen as the inhaled air. Using carbon dioxide, pure nitrogen, argon, helium, or any other non flamable oxygen free gas will work, but it's just not practical. My personal preferance when first round pop is an issue is one of two ways. If you want to carry the suppressor for a while prior to shooting it, smear some wire pulling gel around the inside of the blast chamber. If you are going to shoot it right away, pour a little water in there(a cap full or so) or just dip the can in a bucket of water and shake out excess. Have fun!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Blowing on it is bad. Besides, exhaled breath does not eliminate all the O2. Or else, CPR would be useless.:D

Have you ever blown your suppressor, and if you have what does that make you? Gay?:innocent0

"No not like that...like a Popsicle. Look, no one likes doing it. And be careful, its loaded."

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    After about 100 rds thew my new Quest 22 suppressor it dose not have a first rd pop any more. I guess it need to get a little dirty. I have tried it for 3 days now and can not get it to first rd pop now. love it even more now. It seems to improve the accuracy of my 1022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom