• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Don’t live in MD anymore, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t get approved. I don’t have the naughty list in front of me, but I would be surprised if the Croatian made VHS-2 is on it.

It’s kind of fugly, but I dig that it can be switched from right handed to best handed operation easily. Depending on how much less than MSRP they go for, I could see myself getting one.

ETA: also I wish someone else would import those so I wouldn’t have to give Springfield Armory my money.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    hellion-556-rifle

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Other than the OAL for us Marylanders, i wonder how is this better than a Tavor?
    I’m not sure anyone stated that this was supposed to be better than a Tavor. Are all new bolt action hunting rifle models released these days supposed to be better than a Remington model 700 or Winchester Model 70?

If I didn’t already have a Tavor (and absolutely love it) I’d consider this rifle for sure. However, I also am curious as to Springfield’s motivation for getting into the bullpup market, it seems a little out of their lane. I wish them luck.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’ll be getting one eventually. My only complaints are that the “Hellion” name is stupid, and the barrel isn’t the original military profile one. I know they had to neuter it for import though.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I’m not sure anyone stated that this was supposed to be better than a Tavor. Are all new bolt action hunting rifle models released these days supposed to be better than a Remington model 700 or Winchester Model 70?

If I didn’t already have a Tavor (and absolutely love it) I’d consider this rifle for sure. However, I also am curious as to Springfield’s motivation for getting into the bullpup market, it seems a little out of their lane. I wish them luck.

This is made by the same company that produces the XD. I’d imagine that’s why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom