• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So this is the court saying the old complaint is moot? Just recognizing the existence of the amended complaint? Sorry to ask dumb questions - these rabbit holes are deep. Does this tell us anything about the case in broader terms?
    Does NOT mean the case is moot, just the motions. The amended complaint added a 2A claim as a new Count and made updates throughout. Its a new complaint. All it means is that the parties file new motions on the amended complaint. Complaint needed to be amended in order to get the 2A claim expressly alleged on the basis of the June 23, 2022 decision in Bruen.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Does NOT mean the case is moot, just the motions. The amended complaint added a 2A claim as a new Count and made updates throughout. Its a new complaint. All it means is that the parties file new motions on the amended complaint. Complaint needed to be amended in order to get the 2A claim expressly alleged on the basis of the June 23, 2022 decision in Bruen.
    Is there a schedule yet for arguments?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How childish and underhanded to intentionally omit the most important parts of their proposed law from the court, and then when called out on it, throw a legal tantrum when caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

I hope they get crushed by MSI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    (From MSI's Motion)

...Bruen is outcome determinative on that argument. The County’s response to Bruen was to play ostrich and put its head in the sand. The County did not deign to file a response to that supplemental memorandum. Nor did the County file any pleading concerning the impact of Bruen on this case. Instead, the County maintained during the July 19th Hearing that the court should not even consider the Second Amendment in construing the scope of the County’s authority under Section 4-209(b)(1), asserting that since there was (at that time) no express Second Amendment claim, the State court should simply ignore Bruen.

Wow. :popcorn:

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    None of you guys showed up to fight it. That's one reason we lost so bad. One dude showed up to testify against it. ONE GUY.
    Listening to the other side oppose what you are actively doing is nothing more than a technicality that the tyrants use to keep us cool because "we have a voice that needs to be heard". It does not seem to change the outcome. If anything, I'm for an all weapons ban so at least we can turn the water up and have a real decision made instead of eroding the rights of future generations without them even knowing it. This is a slow boil because the next generation will NEVER fight for something that they did not EVER have. They can change the law and grandfather the "old timers" and let the freedom die a little bit more with each generation. This is by design.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Listening to the other side oppose what you are actively doing is nothing more than a technicality that the tyrants use to keep us cool because "we have a voice that needs to be heard". It does not seem to change the outcome. If anything, I'm for an all weapons ban so at least we can turn the water up and have a real decision made instead of eroding the rights of future generations without them even knowing it. This is a slow boil because the next generation will NEVER fight for something that they did not EVER have. They can change the law and grandfather the "old timers" and let the freedom die a little bit more with each generation. This is by design.

I can name an example where the next generation stood up and fought for something they never had

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They wanted to fork around with you guys. Ok.

Fork with the bull you get the horns

Go get them

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They wanted to fork around with you guys. Ok.

Fork with the bull you get the horns

Go get them

Our tax dollars at work, screwing us over and over.

It would be delightful to recover that portion of our taxes that are spent in violating our civil rights, taken directly from the pockets of the pols who are pushing this. And whatthehell, punitive damages too.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Denying Partial Consent to consolidate and remand without prejudice ?

I've got each of those seperately , but not sure how they combine together in that sequence . and the context for this case ?

Anyone translate into intermediate level ?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Denying Partial Consent to consolidate and remand without prejudice ?

I've got each of those seperately , but not sure how they combine together in that sequence . and the context for this case ?

Anyone translate into intermediate level ?

MoCo filed a motion to remand three counts back to state court and hold the federal claims in abeyance until those are fleshed out while also, which MSI consents to, consolidating the two federal cases together.

The court slapped MoCo’s hand by saying, no, there needs to be a conference with the court and both parties first on any such motion and left leave for the court to try that motion again, when appropriate (that’s the without prejudice part).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom