What Ruger PC Carbines mods/upgrades have you done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks for posting, follow up with your thoughts on how big a difference any or all of the mods had on your shooting experience. :thumbsup:

Thus far, the mod that's made the biggest observable difference was upgrading to a mcarbo extended mag release. Much quicker and easier swapping out mags with that upgrade. I haven't felt the need to swap out the extractor or buffer yet. I've got only got 200 rounds through mine at this point, though. I need to get to the range more.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I did the same thing that I usually always do. I wanted to just get a nice little cheap plinking 9mm to play with. Before I knew it, I had gone full on Mad Max/Fallout/Post apocalyptic. You might think I could have bought a much better carbine for what I spent. Let me assure you, I would like have done the same thing regardless of what the base firearm started as.

CROM hand rails.
    Sig Sauer M-Lok bayonet mount.
    Standard M7 Bayonet.
    Midwest Industries extended Charging handle.
    ProMag Drako magazine (for show).
    Witt Machine SME Linear Comp.
    CNC Warrior arm brace.
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Hightower Armory Sight mounts
    TruGlo Tritium Glock sights.
    MCARBO Extended Magazine Release.
    Franklin Armory BFSIII PC-C1 Binary Trigger.

Attachments

• 20211227_171621.1.jpg
      20211227_171621.1.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 436
    • 20211227_171016.1.jpg
      20211227_171016.1.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 492

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Highly suggest the backpacker stock. Loving it so far over the factory boat paddle.

Attachments

• 144FB94D-679E-4F49-8B7F-F8EB8DE203E2.jpg
      144FB94D-679E-4F49-8B7F-F8EB8DE203E2.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 413

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Have you had a chance to shoot it in this configuration?

Highly suggest the backpacker stock. Loving it so far over the factory boat paddle.

I am waiting to hear how this works out accuracy wise. I like the idea but don't want to lose any functionality. I love it as is but it is definitely an interesting mod!

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Just picked one of these up from one of our IP's and was thinking about a few mods. For those of you who have been shooting the platform awhile, do you have any suggestions or is it perfect right out of the box? :innocent0

Was looking at a few reputable sites
    https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-accessories.aspx

https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger®-PC-Carbine™_c_216.html

I shot mine for many moons without a mod. She’s a heavy little firearm, seems handy in a fight and very reliable. Never really felt the need to change her parts out. But after reading this post I am now looking at upgrades…..

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I did the same thing that I usually always do. I wanted to just get a nice little cheap plinking 9mm to play with. Before I knew it, I had gone full on Mad Max/Fallout/Post apocalyptic. You might think I could have bought a much better carbine for what I spent. Let me assure you, I would like have done the same thing regardless of what the base firearm started as.

CROM hand rails.
    Sig Sauer M-Lok bayonet mount.
    Standard M7 Bayonet.
    Midwest Industries extended Charging handle.
    ProMag Drako magazine (for show).
    Witt Machine SME Linear Comp.
    CNC Warrior arm brace.
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Hightower Armory Sight mounts
    TruGlo Tritium Glock sights.
    MCARBO Extended Magazine Release.
    Franklin Armory BFSIII PC-C1 Binary Trigger.

Is a CC permit required to carry these in a backpack taken down?

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I am waiting to hear how this works out accuracy wise. I like the idea but don't want to lose any functionality. I love it as is but it is definitely an interesting mod!

I didn’t see any change in poi from before. Really doesn’t change the shooting other than being slightly lighter. Makes it a bit front heavy. Once a loaded mag is in the stock it’s better.

I only wish they had made the angle so that a 17 round mag could be in the gun when stowed

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016

Looking at getting a Ruger PC now, it has to be one with 10 rounds (19101 or 19102). It will go well with my Glock 19 mags.

I got the one with 17 rounds online. Store kept the magazines.

I had to have a threaded barrel. Speaking of which time to pick a 9mm suppressor out.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Looking at getting a Ruger PC now, it has to be one with 10 rounds (19101 or 19102). It will go well with my Glock 19 mags.

I got the one with 17 rounds online. Store kept the magazines.

I had to have a threaded barrel. Speaking of which time to pick a 9mm suppressor out.

Most local gun shops carry whatever variant they can get their hands on. Some will keep the standard capacity mags (aka 10+) and some will pin the mags at 10 rounds and include them in the sale. Also, if you order one on-line and have it shipped to a local FFL, the seller may or may not ship it with the standard capacity mags, and/or the local FFL may keep them. In short, if you have patience, you can get the variant you want the first time around. The mags scenario is really a non-issue, as you can legally buy them out of state if you're a MD resident, and glock mags are relatively cheap and plentiful.

Halfmoon

Jan 8, 2022
    Annapolis MD
    Thanks, I found a 19102 used today for a good deal @ A 2. I put 70 rounds thought it on my way home. Not one hiccup and the iron sights were pretty good too.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks, I found a 19102 used today for a good deal @ A 2. I put 70 rounds thought it on my way home. Not one hiccup and the iron sights were pretty good too.

You probably should have stopped at a range...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom