• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    So me and the wife are finally getting a date night. We have a great dinner plan, but I'm trying to think of something different for after. We are over movies and going to loud bars. Does anyone know of any quiet bars or dessert bars in the greater Howard County area? It would be nice to sit back and have time to ourselves in a nice quiet atmosphere. Thanks in advance.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hookers and blow.....

Good for you getting out and taking care of the wife. To many things attempt to get in the way of that

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    go to melting pot for their desert

We like the Melting Pot for dinner and dessert. Went there for our 10th Anniversary a couple years ago. It was really good. Ran us about $100 and my wife had a couple of adult "beverages" since I was driving.

We went there a second time after that, and it was still very good. The waiter wasn't as entertaining as the first time, but the food was still delicious and we could easily hear what the other one was saying.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just throw some rose petals around and get it on. Sip some bourbon, repeat. Date nite, the second act is indoors.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    So me and the wife are finally getting a date night. We have a great dinner plan, but I'm trying to think of something different for after. We are over movies and going to loud bars. Does anyone know of any quiet bars or dessert bars in the greater Howard County area? It would be nice to sit back and have time to ourselves in a nice quiet atmosphere. Thanks in advance.

Depending on how late you go you could try Iron Bridge on 108. They are usually pretty packed from 6-9 on Saturday.

Edit: Also maybe not so quiet and a little further but tonight I think is the last night for the lights festival downtown inner harbor. It will be something different.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thanks for suggestions so far guys. I never really thought to Stanford Grill and just have drinks. Melting pot for dessert is a good idea too. I asked a coworker about Iron Bridge, but she said it is always really loud in there.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I asked a coworker about Iron Bridge, but she said it is always really loud in there.

Their food is good and interesting but you are basically eating with strangers. You are right on top of each other.

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    Thanks for suggestions so far guys. I never really thought to Stanford Grill and just have drinks. Melting pot for dessert is a good idea too. I asked a coworker about Iron Bridge, but she said it is always really loud in there.

I've been to Iron Bridge many times and never once thought it was loud. It is not quiet or intimate however but that depends on where you sit. Going late shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't rule it out if you are a wine drinker.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

The food is decent at Stanford Grill but the noise is ridiculous. I stopped doing business meetings there because we couldn't hear each other. I remember when I was young and it was the Lone Star... at that time it met all my needs - Beer, red meat and peanuts. Oh how things change. :-)

Victoria's in Columbia is also nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom