• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    It's in perfection condition one mag and one commercial holster a vet bring back all matching Nazi waffenampt's. Any idea of value? I couldn't really find any that were for sale recently to get an idea. I read 5000 were made....

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    hungariangerman_zpsvkikiy6a.jpg

jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    Well I read there were a few diff generations all had different numbers made in each this one was 3rd generation 5000 made. Not quite a lot in that generation. I guess we will see. It will go out on the web....

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I've been shopping for a P37 pistols for a few months now. They made a lot more then 5,000... I think something like 200,000 to 300,000 total (I'd have to ck to be sure... that is off the top of my head). In that condition they seem to be going for $500 give or take. A bit more if you have the original capture papers.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Well I read there were a few diff generations all had different numbers made in each this one was 3rd generation 5000 made. Not quite a lot in that generation. I guess we will see. It will go out on the web....

There were multiple variations so you might be right, and there are only 5,000 for that variation. Here is some info on the variations.

http://www.tague.at/pistolen/en_index.htm?/pistolen/pages/en_m37.htm

btw... I love the above page as a reference site.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice gun! These have been pretty hot the past few years, it's a Femaru P37 as mentioned, used by the Germans during WWII. Yours was from the '41 contract (jhv was the German code assigned to the factory and 41 is the date) and falls into what would commonly be called the 4th Variant (legend: 'P. Mod.37 Kal. 7,65.' The 'jhv 41' and 'WaA56' markings are present. Est. 43000 made to complete the 1st contract of 50,000 pistols).

Is your magazine matching? If it's a correct P37 mag it should have the serial number stamped behind the finger extension. If it's all matching, including the mag I would estimate it would bring about $600-800 in that condition on an auction site like Gunbroker. If it doesn't have a matching mag it would probably bring somewhere around $500-600. Can you post pics of the holster?

For the sake of comparison I paid about $750 for this rig and was very happy to get it at that price:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=160597

The German marked/used Femarus will most always bring premiums over the Hungarian Femaru 37M which can be easily had in the $300-400 range.

Edit to add: your gun has an added "neatness" factor as its serial number is very near the end of the 41 contract, which ended at 50,000.

Jul 1, 2012
    The correct holster would be military as it was a military contract.
    Good examples with one matched mag run about $800-900 right now, plus whatever the holster may be worth.
    BTW - If you can find a nice one with matched mag for $600 don't hesitate :)

Condition is a big driver too, minty examples with one matched mag can run $1200 or more.
    Complete rigs with both matched mags canvas holster can top $2k.

some examples for reference, take the list price with a grain of salt.
    Note the correct style holsters, the leather "dropping" and the canvas.
    http://www.legacy-collectibles.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=femaru

Of course great bargains are out there but not typical.
    KH195 has a way of finding them though !

here's pictures of all but the first variant:
    http://www.p38guns.com/Femaru.htm

The first 3 variants are pretty hard to find, with the 1st being the toughest, only about the first 250 made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom