• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    SoMD is no longer immune from horrific criminal behavior, as if we ever were.
    It is oozing closer all the time.

Yesterday, Cody Lacey was shot and killed. Police are looking for Alan Rangel as a suspect.

RIP Cody Lacey. Prayers and sympathies to your family. We hope that justice will come swiftly in this case.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Sad story. My son knows Cody's cousin. Devastating for the family. Hope they catch the perp ASAP. Supposedly has a lengthy rap sheet. Needs to go away for a long time.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    This is what the POS looks like.
    Alan Michael Rangel

Attachments

• safe_image.jpeg
      safe_image.jpeg
      17 KB · Views: 509

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Sorry about the bad link.

As CSS said, they arrested him today. Good work.

But as Perrin said, this is Maryland, so don't count on him doing much time. :sad20:

Here's another link that is relevant (hopefully it will work): http://smnewsnet.com/archives/361704/cody-michael-lacey/
    and here: http://www.brinsfieldfuneral.com/sitemaker/sites/Brinsf1/obit.cgi?user=91661603_CLacey

Rest In Peace young man.

P.S. I will be talking to Delegates Matt Morgan and Deb Rey about new bills for next year's legislative session that would enhance penalties for capital crimes and reduce the "good-time" breaks that are often granted to such perpetrators. Perhaps we might call this effort "Cody's Law", although that is probably premature -- but it would be nice way of memorializing Cody Lacey.
    We'll also talk to Senators Tony O'Donnell and Steve Waugh to see what support we might get in the Senate.
    Note that this is similar to Del. Mike Smigiel's proposed amendment to 2013's SB281 conference committee. I was in the room when it passed, before chairman Joseph Vallario committed what appeared to be blatant fraud and quashed that vote. So they will need our strong support to have a hope of making this happen.

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for pursuing this with our delegates.
    Maybe those folks will finally wake up in Annapolis and do the right thing.

Both accomplices got caught too
    (in addition to the chick that was caught with primary POS #1).
    Quick work, and hefty bail.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Another convicted felon in possession of a handgun :sad20: I'm sure he had his HQL :sarcasm:

I also remember the proposed amendments to HB281 about no good time and mandatory sentences for using a handgun in a crime. Maybe we can throw that back in their faces next year :mad54:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    It's only a matter of time until some bleeding heart starts that "two young lives tragically ended" crap, trying to get simpathy for the murderer.

F-the shooter, and anyone who helped him. Burn in Hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom