• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    For the first time in a long time, Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club in Lexington Park has a few dozen immediate openings for Regular-Memberships.

An overview flyer of SLSC is attached. Also attached is a form-fillable PDF that can be sent-in via either snail-mail or e-mail. Note that no payment is required upon submission of the application.

Note that membership also requires the applicant to provide some documentation of formal firearms training, including live-fire. This could be a DD214 showing small-arms quals, an NRA Class, MD HQL class, a Hunter Ed class including live-fire, Frontsite training, or any other similar training/class. This training can be taken after membership is paid-for but before full-membership is activated.

For any questions, please contact the SLSC Club Secretary, Mr. Bob Glotfelty, at theglot@comcast,net. His handle on MDShooters is "TheGlot".

Attachments

• Welcome to SLSC - Club Overview Tri-Fold Flyer.pdf
      568.3 KB · Views: 318
    • SLSC Renewal + Application_Form (Rev2 - 03 June 14).pdf
      130.9 KB · Views: 203

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    For the first time in a long time, Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club in Lexington Park has a few dozen immediate openings for Regular-Memberships.

An overview flyer of SLSC is attached. Also attached is a form-fillable PDF that can be sent-in via either snail-mail or e-mail. Note that no payment is required upon submission of the application.

Note that membership also requires the applicant to provide some documentation of formal firearms training, including live-fire. This could be a DD214 showing small-arms quals, an NRA Class, MD HQL class, a Hunter Ed class including live-fire, Frontsite training, or any other similar training/class. This training can be taken after membership is paid-for but before full-membership is activated.

For any questions, please contact the SLSC Club Secretary, Mr. Bob Glotfelty, at theglot@comcast,net. His handle on MDShooters is "TheGlot".

Can we use the application on your website?

ED O

May 18, 2013
    Lusby
    what is cost to join?

can you tour the place before becoming a member to see if it is a place you would like join?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    what is cost to join?

can you tour the place before becoming a member to see if it is a place you would like join?

Even though I'm not a member, it's a nice place. I enjoy being able to shoot there from time to time either as a guest, or on the weekends when it's open to non members for bowling pin shoots and such.

The rifle lanes are nice and covered. 50 yard bullseye pistol range is covered. IDPA action pits.

They have a nice set-up down there.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    what is cost to join?

$250 one-time initiation fee + $180 annual dues.

Can you tour the place before becoming a member to see if it is a place you would like join?

Absolutely. In face, we strongly encourage this. Our Office Manager Jim Drasgow is on-duty Weds - Sunday, 1000 - 1400. E-mail him at abf193@gmail.com and he'll be glad to give you a tour. Or you can call him at (240) 538-3938.

You can also drop-by any of the Club's matches to participate as a guest. The Club's calendar of events is given here. Although that would give you only a one-dimensional view of the Club.

I've also attached a flyer giving an overview of the Club.

Attachments

• Welcome to SLSC - Club Overview Tri-Fold Flyer.pdf
      568.3 KB · Views: 144
    Last edited:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I left Sanners as I left my job in St Inigoes in Feb 2013. I was a DoD Contractor then (BAE Systems), wanting a .gov position. I got one with the FAA here at DFW Airport in TX. With my foot in the .gov door, I've been looking at other .gov openings & one opened up in SOMD, and I made it through initial screening and even had my phone interview.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    I'd be into the membership if there was a deal on the "initiation fee"

we do have an easy pay option for the initiation fee where you pay $55 ($50 plus $5 handling) for 5 payments to pay your $250 initiation fee. Outside that no deals, if you don't feel the cost is worth it that is your call.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I left Sanners as I left my job in St Inigoes in Feb 2013. I was a DoD Contractor then (BAE Systems), wanting a .gov position. I got one with the FAA here at DFW Airport in TX. With my foot in the .gov door, I've been looking at other .gov openings & one opened up in SOMD, and I made it through initial screening and even had my phone interview.

Already coming back? Texas didn't do it for you so you had to come back and hang out with us SMIBs? :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

thats great! hope you ger the job you wanted.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Good Questions

Sent you a PM, deMontjoie.

I just got the PM Ben. I'm glad you wrote.

I dunno what happened, but we WILL fix it ASAP.

Long1MD said:
    $430 seems pricey for SOMD.

Unfortunately, it is not cheap to build and operate a modern system of outdoor firing ranges.:sad20:

This is explained in some detail during the new-member orientation.

Long1MD said:
    I'd be into the membership if there was a deal on the "initiation fee"

As Nick says, we recognize that the initiation fee can be off-putting. That's why we allow the impact to be softened by spreading it out over 5 months.

Just as a side note, the initiation fee is not something that we impose only upon new members. Every single existing member has been required to pay the same fee to maintain their memberships, even those who have been members for decades. Thus, this is not reflective of some sort of dual-tier classification system for members, old versus new.

We don't twist-arms in trying to get folks to join, and our waiting-list is usually on the order of 3-5 years. I am certain that it will get back to that level in short order.
    Also, after attending the new-member orientation and gaining a better understanding of the Club, applicants are free to request a full refund. So far, this has never happened. Although I am sure that there will be a first-time someday.

Krucam said:

Our fingers are crossed too. It will be good to have you back.

Regards,

John

P.S. Again, we strongly encourage prospective members to take tours of the grounds before making any decisions. Our Office Manager Jim Drasgow is on-duty Weds - Sunday, 1000 - 1400. E-mail him at abf193@gmail.com and he'll be glad to give you a tour. Or you can call him at (240) 538-3938. JWM

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County

That's interesting ... with so many posts and comments out there about how un-gun friendly MD is, to have someone actively move back here from a very-gun friendly state is interesting.

Yeah, I get it, it's about the job, not the location. But all factors still weigh in.

Not being critical ... just interesting.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Can a member invite a guest that does not have formal live fire training?

Yep. A member can sponsor up to 3 guests per day onto the Club. They don't need any credentials beyond the appropriate eye- and ear-protection. Of course, the sponsoring member is directly responsible for his guests and their actions/behavior.

We'll review this stuff in great detail during your orientation briefing.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom