• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So I JUST submitted my application for the HQL (still shaking my head). Earlier today, I had my fingerprints recorded electronically at Inquiries Inc. in Easton. It was a relatively easy process. And the staff there was pretty courteous (some there were pretty as well as courteous :D). So...what can I expect now? What's the turn around like for this process?

Aquaholic

Feb 6, 2013
    Middle River
    Did mine in February and it took 9 total days (not business days) from submission until I had card in hand. My dad just did his, submitted March 21 and the card came yesterday April 1 so his was 11 days.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    Applied 3/31
    Active 4/1
    Still waiting card in mail. I am impressed how fast my card became active. I did 4 regulated weapon purchase last year so I am their repeat customers with their background check

I appreciate all of the feedback. The status appears to be active 4/3. Still no card or email though. When I checked https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx for the status, there were 2 applications listed. One was "HQL Training Exempt" and the other was "HQL Standard". I had started the "HQL Standard" application before I realized I was training exempt. IIRC, the page I halted on (requesting training cert info) stated that if I was training exempt that I should close that application and start a new one for "HQL Training Exempt"...which I did. But closing it apparently did not cancel the "HQL Standard" application. The HQL-TE app is the one with all the fields filled in, whereas the HQL-S has "Pending" next to eveything. Will this be a problem? Is there a way to go back and cancel the HQL Standard application? Should I just call MSP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom