• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Shotgun range will be available and staffed for shotgun patterning, from 1000 - 1400. See attached flyer.

As with nearly all Sanner's Lake events, this event is open to the public.

This is also a community fundraiser with a voluntary donation to help-out Brad Koslofsky, son of longtime members Art and Cathy Thorsen. Brad recently had his stomach removed due to cancer, and is strongly fighting his way back to health. He's on a special 100% liquid diet that is not covered by insurance. This fundraiser is to help him with his special food and to assist with other medical bills (if any $ is left-over).

Bring your shotguns (shot-only, no slugs) for patterning. You can even bring stuff like your Taurus Judge to see what it can do.

Feel free to post any comments or questions on this thread.

Directions to Sanner's Lake are at sannerslake.org.

Event director is Jim Kirkland, envpcc@aol.com.

Attachments

• Sanner’s Lake Sportsmen’s Club Hunters' Patterning-Day - 2013.pdf
      423.8 KB · Views: 104

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    We will have limited patterning paper and targets available If you want something special please bring it. No human or even human representations please.

Thanks to John we have a fair supply of targets available. I still encourage you to bring any specialty targets you may want to use. No human representations, please.

Last edited:

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    DAY ONE of TWO
    PATTERNING SHOTGUNS

A day full of variety.

We had a wild range of shotguns today. The extremes included one of our lady shooters checking out her Black Cloud Goose Loads to others with their tactical home defense shotguns. Analysis: the geese are in trouble and there are some houses that bad guys had better avoid.

We even saw a Judge or two in action.

We had nice shooting tables available, perfect for those who want to check out that new turkey choke. We even have turkey targets available.

We hope to see a lot more of you next Saturday, 10:00 to 2:00.

I'd like to personally thank John who brought over much of the equipment we needed as well as Tom, Tony and Rick who pitched in to help. Thanks guys, I wouldn't have made it without you and I am sure Brad appreciates all the help he can get.

Jim

ralan

May 29, 2012
    Thanks for the opportunity to have my wife fire her new Governor. Tom, thanks for the instruction and support. I will definitely be speaking kinder to her now!!

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Thanks to All!

A great day was had by all. Thanks to JimK, TonyP, TomS, and the others who volunteered to make this successful and raise some money to help-out Brad.

:bowdown:

eball444

Aug 7, 2012
    Is sanners doing any patterning days for turkey

Any chance theywill have a pattern day for spring turkey

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I believe that is in April and May. If enough people respond to this I will see what I can do to make it happen. John was very helpful in helping set up the last patterning event.

Turkey_Target2_zps9f533487.png

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Lets let the weather improve a little and then do it. I think we can get cooperation with a target board and a shooting bench. Is 40 yards OK for a setup. That is fairly easy to do.

We shot a variety of targets last time:

P1000616_zpsa55b89f3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom