• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Read the post... they aren't leaving. They are reconsidering investing addition money here. Big difference.

"The idea now of investing additional funds in Maryland and thus rewarding a Government that has insulted our customers and our products is offensive to us so we will take steps to evaluate such investments in other States. At the same time, we will continue our current necessary operations within Maryland and we are thankful for and welcome the continued support of our employees as we do so.”

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    How many people will lose there jobs cause of the move?

NONE

This thread is mostly a dupe of this more accurate one: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=119740&highlight=beretta

Beretta mostly whimped out ... they will do future expansion outside of MD, duh, they've already been doing that for years.

Their main production and US HQ will remain in Accokeek; probably because they can't really afford to move production and meet exisiting contracts concurrently without loosing a buttload of money.

In the end, its about the dollar and not the Second Amendment

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Not really a fan of their products. Staying in Maryland cements me never buying. If they completely leave, and I know it would take a great deal of time to do it, I'd buy some of their product anyway in support.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not really a fan of their products. Staying in Maryland cements me never buying. If they completely leave, and I know it would take a great deal of time to do it, I'd buy some of their product anyway in support.

EXACTLY.......how many of us are willing to take our kids out of school, quit the job and sell the house NOW just to leave Maryland for the principle of supporting the 2nd Amendment here? Just wonderin'.....

Many of us are going to leave, but it takes time to plan for major changes

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Maybe I am reading a different article than you guys. What I read is this:

"And now they’ve made their intentions official. Beretta will be moving at least part of their production and warehousing out of Maryland."

Am I missing something?

7A38

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Maybe I am reading a different article than you guys. What I read is this:

"And now they’ve made their intentions official. Beretta will be moving at least part of their production and warehousing out of Maryland."

Am I missing something?

7A38

They have slowly been doing this for years already; that part is nothing new. A new development would be closing down something in MD - there is nothing new.

Savior4116

Aug 20, 2012
    MoCo
    Beretta is in bed with the maryland politicians, they aren't going anywhere. All Beretta's big talk of moving if the bill got signed was more lies, smoke and mirrors.

It's all about Personal/Corporate gain in MoCo (Maryland).
    The "Only" why I would stay in MD, If I where Beretta, is if I where offered a sweet deal.
    Like a tax break that's worth while....Then we have a deal. That's Md politics.
    MOM hook's his friends up.

"According to a list of bills released by his office, O’Malley also plans to sign a controversial bill that would exempt Lockheed Martin from paying about $450,000 a year in hotel taxes to Montgomery County related to a training center that the giant defense contractor operates in Bethesda. up his hotel expense deal".

The Washington Post

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    EXACTLY.......how many of us are willing to take our kids out of school, quit the job and sell the house NOW just to leave Maryland for the principle of supporting the 2nd Amendment here? Just wonderin'.....

Ummm i am....

However i have no kids, leaving a job i dont have yet, dont have a house. Cant afford to live in md, dont have interest in giving these asswipes any money. Only thing is ill be leaving my family, friends, and firehouse.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

That's what Magpul is doing in Colorado - they're leaving completely and as rapidly as they can make arrangements. And, in so doing, they've captured me as a customer for life. I plan to buy exclusively Magpul accessories from now on whenever I have a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom