• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Finally got my hands on a 1944 turkish mauser today. The rear site and bolt don't match (is this normal?) And the rear stock band can't be removed, but hey, I'm not complaining in the least. I even got some surplus ammo out of the deal....now I just need to find a place to shoot it :D

Also, would anybody happen to have a screw for the lower part of the buttplate? Where can I find some decent instructions to field strip the bolt? I'm fairly certain it has cosmoline or something gunked up in it.

Attachments

• Mauser 4.4.jpg
      Mauser 4.4.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 218
    • Mauser 1;1.jpg
      Mauser 1;1.jpg
      26 KB · Views: 217
    • Mauser 2.2.jpg
      Mauser 2.2.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 209
    • Mauser 3.3.jpg
      Mauser 3.3.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 212

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Not many have a matching bolt. I have seen 3 or 4 with matching bolts and I looked at a LOT of them.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    What about rifles with mismatched rear sights? I can understand the bolts not matching, but not the rear sights.

It could have been damaged and replaced. The rear sight is easy to swap out. It's not a big deal that it's mis-matched. I have a few Turks and if the bore is good they shoot as well as any other Mausers.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Sev89 - I like it!

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, and I already love it. I've got 100 rounds of what I think may be turkish surplus for it, and I'll be getting the dozen or so soft point rounds from my friend soon.

Last edited:

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Yellowsled, would your turk. happen to have a lower band with a screw going through it? Mine has that setup, but I can't remove the screw for one reason or another. Is there some kinda trick that needs to be done to remove it?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I havent played with it in a while so its in the back of my safe, but i remember correctly i have a modern screw on one of the bands. Ill pull it out and check and see, with pic. May be a day or so.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Yellowsled, would your turk. happen to have a lower band with a screw going through it? Mine has that setup, but I can't remove the screw for one reason or another. Is there some kinda trick that needs to be done to remove it?

It just looks like a screw. It's actually a pin with a slot, don't know why but that's how they were made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom