• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Now that deer season is over the Balazin Acres range will be going hot again. I am going to take Jessica's phone untill she downloads and makes into a loadable format all of the video's we have shot of that thing and the 1919.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Hi, love the comments on my Gatling gun. I made the gun, it took me over two years! The only part I did not do was drilling the holes for the carrier, barrel plate and the bolt carrier. A friend of mine at "General Machine Shop", in Landover, MD, drilled the holes on the CNC machine for me so they would be perfect in alignment. The rest of the gun I built basically from scrap metal parts from two different machine shops. The barrels, are Green Mountain barrel blanks for muzzle loaders that I turned the octagon flats off of to make round and hexed the ends. The gun shoots what we call "chambers", it's like a short little barrel, 3" long and the original had musket nipples and used musket caps, but I modified my gun to use shot gun primers, (a lot more reliable) and they do not fall off! It is a 50 caliber but the original is 58, I made mine a 50 because I already had 1 barrel. I shoot round ball in it mostly, but can shoot mini balls. I usually only shoot 50 grains of black powder in it, but can shoot over 100 grains. I built the carriage too, the wheels were the hardest part! I got the original patten from the patten office in VA. It is supposed to be a 1862 which is as close as I could get off the patten, which was not very detailed at all. No measurements or dimensions on the patten. I will post some pictures of the chambers, which are steel cylinders that butt up against the back of the barrel when the gun is fired, and some build pictures soon. Thanks for looking and giving me your comments!

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Galing pic's

You can see the chambers with the drawings I made of the rotating assembly, and a lot of other build pictures with the 22 caliber Gatling I built first which got me started on building the full size Gatling.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 188
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      68.1 KB · Views: 171
    • 108.jpg
      108.jpg
      122.9 KB · Views: 171
    • 119.jpg
      119.jpg
      113.6 KB · Views: 170
    • 210.jpg
      210.jpg
      83.4 KB · Views: 172
    • 227.jpg
      227.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 169
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      108.6 KB · Views: 173

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Now that deer season is over the Balazin Acres range will be going hot again. I am going to take Jessica's phone untill she downloads and makes into a loadable format all of the video's we have shot of that thing and the 1919.

Can't wait to get out there when it gets a little warmer.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    I'm working on the Ager gun or the Coffee Mill gun, that's what Lincoln Called it or it was called the Union Repeating gun. The gun was used in the Civil War. the Union had at lest 50 of the guns and it was used in a lot of battle. Ill post some pic's as i build it.

Attachments

• MG-1-033-3 Ager Pic.jpg
      MG-1-033-3 Ager Pic.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 126

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Myltle Grove , look familiar Weapons Collector?:party29:.......I'm working on the Ager gun or the Coffee Mill gun, that's what Lincoln Called it or it was called the Union Repeating gun. The gun was used in the Civil War. the Union had at lest 50 of the guns and it was used in a lot of battle. Ill post some pic's as i build it.

Very cool, thanks again! Please keep us posted on that new one, you are very talented!

That's awesome.
    Every time I go all I see are .22s, Mosins and ARs.
    How did you guys get that thing down there?

There's a side entrance about halfway down range so he was able to wheel it down there with a little help.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Don't forget me, I missed shooting it last time.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    totally awesome, i would love to build something like that one day.

i have seriously debated building a cannon in the past, i cant afford to spend the 5 or 6 grand to buy one, but online there is a company that sells a mauntain howitzer barrel for about $800, and im pretty sure from there i could build my own carriage to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom