• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I want to SBR my Zastava PAP M92 does that violate the copycat clause in FSA2013?
    SBRs have been generally determined to not be copies of enumerated weapons by the MSP. However, the ATF has recently been looking at MSP's list and denying SBRs based off rifles determined to be copies. I don't see the M92 on the banned list, so you're in decent shape.

"Copycats" are rifles with two of the enumerated features (realistically in this example, flash hider and folding stock) or falling below 29" OAL. Those are definitely in effect for SBRs. You need to make sure you're not doing either.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    SBRs have been generally determined to not be copies of enumerated weapons by the MSP. However, the ATF has recently been looking at MSP's list and denying SBRs based off rifles determined to be copies. I don't see the M92 on the banned list, so you're in decent shape.

"Copycats" are rifles with two of the enumerated features (realistically in this example, flash hider and folding stock) or falling below 29" OAL. Those are definitely in effect for SBRs. You need to make sure you're not doing either.

Does this mean a 223 caliber AR needs to be an HBAR??

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    My C39V2 was denied because MSP added the full rifle to their ban list between the time I ordered it and actually had it in hand with a form 1 filled out. I don’t think they are denying AK pistol SBR’s where the company does not make a rifle version of the gun.

Pistols like the Draco and M92 should (barring any stupidity on the ATF’s part) be ok to SBR. Pistols like my C39V2 or the Arsenal SAM7 series would not be because both have rifle versions that are banned by name. A Draco SBR will be my next attempt when I have the money to spare.

If you already have the gun you might as well try it. Worst case scenario the form 1 gets denied and you get your money back.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My friend TyFromMd on here has a post FSA Pap M92 SBR. It was approved. Just make sure OAL is 29”. I believe he had to get a longer muzzle device pinned and welded.

I did plan on putting a folding stock on it, you said it has to have 2 features, any others that would make it in that category so I can avoid it and still put a folding stock on it?

My friend TyFromMd on here has a post FSA Pap M92 SBR. It was approved. Just make sure OAL is 29”. I believe he had to get a longer muzzle device pinned and welded.

OAL was 29 1/2" if I remember correctly I bought the gun a little over a year ago.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I did plan on putting a folding stock on it, you said it has to have 2 features, any others that would make it in that category so I can avoid it and still put a folding stock on it?
    The three rifle features are flash hider, folding stock, and grenade/flare launcher. If you've chosen folding stock, you cannot have flash hider or grenade/flare launcher. Be advised that suppressors would be considered flash hiders as the law is written.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'm still kicking around the idea of mounting an under barrel shotgun on an M4A1 SOCOM clone master key style. Thought of using a Mossberg shockwave instead of the usual Knights Armament 870. I just don't know if that would be one stamp for the "destructive device" or two stamps for "destructive device" and making a shockwave into an short barreled shotgun because of the AR becoming the stock on the shotgun. They want $2000 for the Knights armament mount not including the shotgun to mount to it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Shockwaves are going to be excessively long on almost any gun, and, further, they do not play well in that role due to the tang-mounted safety. The cheapest way to do this "right" is a 11" 870 MCS SBS with the Sage mount. The Sage mount is not cheap, but it's way less than the KAC mount. You will still probably be paying $2000+ by the time you're done with the whole system.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Shockwaves are going to be excessively long on almost any gun, and, further, they do not play well in that role due to the tang-mounted safety. The cheapest way to do this "right" is a 11" 870 MCS SBS with the Sage mount. The Sage mount is not cheap, but it's way less than the KAC mount. You will still probably be paying $2000+ by the time you're done with the whole system.

Didn't think about the safety. With a remington tac 14 being only 3 inches longer than the 11 inch barrel on the 870 mcs sbs it seemed about the same as the m203s that stick out a bit from the 14.5 inch AR barrels. I'm a ways off from getting this going just trying to figure out the most cost effective way other than just throwing money at a WTF is that piece of hardware. Thanks erwos

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom