• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Well you need to contact your representatives and tell them how you feel about this. Don't tell me that won't work because if you don't let them what your thoughts are on this then it will most certainly go through. Inaction is what causes problems.

Any e-mails have been ignored as expected. Wrong voting bloc and wrong agenda.

And I'm sure they're making a list and checking it twice.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Any e-mails have been ignored as expected. Wrong voting bloc and wrong agenda.

And I'm sure they're making a list and checking it twice.

I normally send handwritten letters as I’ve always felt they carry more weight than an email. But I’m wondering if a letter would even be opened in the Covid era?

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    When contacting representatives point out this means you couldn’t give a buddy any ammo if going hunting with them unless they have an HQL. Or at the range. Or shooting trap. Etc.

You need to understand that the people who want this bill, and the rest of their party that vote in lock step for partisan reasons, not only don’t care about that, they actively think there’s something wrong with you if you “go to the range.” You are a dangerous redneck supremacist radical and giving ammo of war to your “buddy” who is probably also not right in the head, is exactly the sort behavior they are trying to control through these sensible safety measures.

Anything you send to the people who actually need their minds changed will simply be disregarded as it always will be. Own a gun? There is zero reason to engage with you, and more reasons than ever to take it away from you. But sure, write a letter to the person who hates you and everything you stand for. I’m sure they’ll come around.

Exactly what Occam wrote.

Laz, you need to understand. We showed up in Annapolis in 2013 with an estimated 5000 protesters. I don’t think a single bill was shot down.

When 1 of the bills was shot down, a recess was called to straighten out who voted “wrong” and a re-vote taken to “correct” the “wrong” vote.

They’re not misinformed...they’re evil f*cking pricks that hate you and free people.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Problem with that is they already have all of my cash

Isn't THAT the truth. I have a feeling that after this session is over they are going to have even more of it. I would sincerely hope that receiving a handwritten letter would not be a deterrent from reading or opening a letter on their part. They are already cutting us off at the knees this year. I hope your letters get through and make an impact. It is letter and testimony season. I appreciate every single person that tries to make a difference. I just became more active last year and I saw how our testimonies DID make a difference.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    They are politicians without morals - meaning they'll take campaign contributions from anyone with an innocuous sounding name.

I wonder if a bundler got some cash together if a few would listen and water down or vote against bills.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO

Laz, you need to understand. We showed up in Annapolis in 2013 with an estimated 5000 protesters. I don’t think a single bill was shot down.

When 1 of the bills was shot down, a recess was called to straighten out who voted “wrong” and a re-vote taken to “correct” the “wrong” vote.

They’re not misinformed...they’re evil f*cking pricks that hate you.

That's F'd up. I was not there in 2013. I was just getting into target shooting and started panic buying. Your story is certainly discouraging. Last year there was nowhere near 5000 people that made a showing for our cause but nearly every bill lost traction except for the long gun bill. It was tweaked, passed by both houses then vetoed by Larry. This year.... We will see.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

They’re not misinformed...they’re evil f*cking pricks that hate you and free people.

That's F'd up. I was not there in 2013. I was just getting into target shooting and started panic buying. Your story is certainly discouraging. Last year there was nowhere near 5000 people that made a showing for our cause but nearly every bill lost traction except for the long gun bill. It was tweaked, passed by both houses then vetoed by Larry. This year.... We will see.

Here you go...

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Correct,
    MD needs to form a Republican group that is not a bunch of "Cucks" that want to be loved by the media,,,

Not sure of its accuracy, but an article in today’s Bowie Blade regarding Mike Miller’s sterling performance in the MGA contained a statement that Democrats have held both chambers since WWI. If true, Republicans have their work cut out for them I’d say.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Since they carved out HQL holders being exempted from a background check for ammo this will basically compel many Marylanders to get the HQL thus increasing the actively state-managed gun owner database. HQL holders basically have background checks ran on them periodically either way. It will most certainly kill of mail ordered ammo to a large extent, and the price of ammo will rocket up in MD. MGA will probably also add a gun and ammo tax in addition to the already sales tax.

None of this is surprising though.

I made a post about this back in Dec 2019:

AFAIK this 2020 Maryland legislation session is going to be brutal for gun-owners. Basically many of the gun-control bills that got scrapped in 2019 will be revived and passed in 2020. The new Senate President Bill Ferguson is also far more liberal Democrat than his predecessor Mike Miller. Given Democrats hold a 2/3 majority in the House and Senate they can override any governor veto. Mike Miller is one of the reasons why many of the gun-control bills that passed the in the House failed in the Senate. Several moderate Democrats have or are resigning as well which leaves mostly hardcore liberal anti-gun Democrats.

Get ready for

1) LGQL - Long gun qualification license
    2) More restrictions and bans on rifles and ownership. Ban on AR-15s and other rifles, likely no grandfathering.
    3) Bans/restrictions on transfers, private sales
    4) Background checks on ammunition purchase, possibly a permit to purchase (HQL accepted) handgun ammunition.

Just to name a few bills on the way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fc9e5c-f661-11e9-a285-882a8e386a96_story.html

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019...-shooting-background-checks-ammunition-sales/

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Here you go...

Un-freakin-believable! That was dirty all the way around. I know from my experience that the current MGA is extremely criminal friendly and they are clamoring to create a new category of criminals out of law abiding citizens. that was obvious by reading last years bills. These videos drive it home. I can see why some people on this board have given up hope. I do not have those experiences under my belt. I am speechless. Literally. That is how our legislators prefer it. Jeeez

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Just listen to mr. "gun owner" at 3:14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e1hrdUMYg0

He says, "you would have to be an nut not to" in regards to background checks. He actually said he thinks background checks keep guns out of the hands of people who are not supposed to have them. Wow. I wonder how many people they had to try to interview before they found the 2 guys that pushed their media narrative.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

People are too quick to forget how awful the 2013 bill was and how something was going to pass no matter what.

People also forget that when you're facing opposition that has nothing to fear from you given their uninhibited control of all levers of state government, you make nice with certain people who might still stick it to you down the road.

Way too many people were jumping for joy when Vallario and Zirkin left and Miller stepped down.

Not people I'd call my friends or who I'd vote for, but they occasionally kept the worst impulses of the left in check.

Your semi auto rifle selection would be 5% of what it is today if Vallario had not engaged us.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    He says, "you would have to be an nut not to" in regards to background checks. He actually said he thinks background checks keep guns out of the hands of people who are not supposed to have them. Wow. I wonder how many people they had to try to interview before they found the 2 guys that pushed their media narrative.

Also, don't throw out the idea that they were paid actors. The ends justify the means with the crowd pushing this agenda.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    People are too quick to forget how awful the 2013 bill was and how something was going to pass no matter what.

People also forget that the bill was originally dead, and the Governor, Speaker of the House, and President of the Senate, THREATENED ALL of the Democrats on the joint committee to pass the bill. That's right, we had this bill beat so bad, they had to htreaten their own members to pass the bill.

People also forget that when you're facing opposition that has nothing to fear from you given their uninhibited control of all levers of state government, you make nice with certain people who might still stick it to you down the road.

But they did fear us in 2013, so much so, that Miller sat in on the joint committee vote on the bill. WTF was the President of the Senate doing sitting in on a House Committee vote? He was there to ensure that the Democrats didn't step out of line and did, what they were threatened to do.

Miller was the one that called for a quick recess on the vote in the video, not Vallario. They had a quick meting with the Governor and the Delegate that voted "incorrectly" to have a revote and to have him vote correctly. Vallario was NOT happy about having to vote on that amendment.

Way too many people were jumping for joy when Vallario and Zirkin left and Miller stepped down.

Not people I'd call my friends or who I'd vote for, but they occasionally kept the worst impulses of the left in check.

Your semi auto rifle selection would be 5% of what it is today if Vallario had not engaged us.

People really do not realize how evenly both Vallraio and Zirkin treated us. They both understood the bills and the law, and to a certain extent, what the outcome would be. Both were gentlemen to work with (anyone can feel free to flame me that, if they think I'm wrong. If they do, they have absolutely no clue how much both men worked with us as much as they could).

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Vallario and Zirkin were the cream of the crap I agree. They were at least fair and allowed the dialogue to happen. Mike and Mike were of that same old school Dem breed.

This new breed is not as just. They just eliminate opposition rather than debate because they will lose.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    But they did fear us in 2013, so much so, that Miller sat in on the joint committee vote on the bill. WTF was the President of the Senate doing sitting in on a House Committee vote? He was there to ensure that the Democrats didn't step out of line and did, what they were threatened to do.

Miller was the one that called for a quick recess on the vote in the video, not Vallario. They had a quick meting with the Governor and the Delegate that voted "incorrectly" to have a revote and to have him vote correctly. Vallario was NOT happy about having to vote on that amendment.

Truth be told I completely forgot about the revote part with Miller there.

Another forgotten aspect of this is that it was all performative to give O'Malley a 2016 primary talking point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom