• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    People need to be honest and assess their skill set too. There's too many people that get delusional and think they are going to address all three threats when they already have the jump on him. Sometimes its best to cut your losses (lost property in this case) and walk away with your life.

As for the talk earlier about lawsuits, when I was an active LEO I've seen times where officers/agents do the right thing and still will get sued in civil court where the burden is much lower and the party bringing the suit can get paid. It can be a huge, drawn-out headache and so I'd suggest that if you are going to carry you get some sort of insurance as a civilian.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    People need to be honest and assess their skill set too. There's too many people that get delusional and think they are going to address all three threats when they already have the jump on him. Sometimes its best to cut your losses (lost property in this case) and walk away with your life.

As for the talk earlier about lawsuits, when I was an active LEO I've seen times where officers/agents do the right thing and still will get sued in civil court where the burden is much lower and the party bringing the suit can get paid. It can be a huge, drawn-out headache and so I'd suggest that if you are going to carry you get some sort of insurance as a civilian.

This is where I think carriers are ignorant to things. Just because you acted within the law, doesn't mean there is no consequence after that adjudication.
    The State does not provide liability coverage for citizens who act appropriately. LOL

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    This was my exact thought then I went to the XDs but I'm now thinking that the gun round capacity is likely not adequate enough for this task.

I'd be willing to bet, in most scenarios, if you start sending lead, one buttwipe goes down, the others will scatter enough for your escape. Look at the Kyle Rittenhouse vids, his biggest advantage, his sling, the butt heads could NOT gain control of his weapon.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    CCW, Magazine capacity, & training

I'd be willing to bet, in most scenarios, if you start sending lead, one buttwipe goes down, the others will scatter enough for your escape. Look at the Kyle Rittenhouse vids, his biggest advantage, his sling, the butt heads could NOT gain control of his weapon.

That’s still a HOPE, though.

Unless I’m defending loved ones, 3 on 1 is not a fight I’m going to stand for. As Blaster said, tactics. Yeah you’re probably gonna be firing, but if all your intent is, is to prevent the truck from getting stolen, you gotta move out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    That’s still a HOPE, though.

Unless I’m defending loved ones, 3 on 1 is not a fight I’m going to stand for. As Blaster said, tactics. Yeah you’re probably gonna be firing, but if all your intent is, is to prevent the truck from getting stolen, you gotta move out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh I'm NOT talking about 3 armed,,, 3 unarmed, if you send a round,, Ill bet all that can,,, will scatter.

3 armed, I'm giving everything up to my or loved ones lives, at that point,,, I gonna try anything.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    D6IHpMjW4AEXKs5

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Missing data :

What was the lead up before the start of the video clip ? Was blue shirt guy already alerted to them in advance ?

What was in the bed of the truck that he was reaching for ? A gun ? Would it have been quickly accessable , or cased and unloaded ?

IF blue shirt guy did have gun on his person , and drew starting @ 0:08 , and had a round on target by 0:10 , what would have happened ? I dunno , it's a roll of the dice . The felons could very well instantly reasses and disengage . OR they could become determined , and if they also had some semblance of tactics and movement , blue shirt be in very precarious situation very quickly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom