• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Plenty of posts about shooting benches by searching but I am interested in getting a shooting bench that I could use in the property in WV.

I saw the one on here with a PDF attachment for a home build but I do not have the equipment to build it and such. Any idea's to get one like that possibly locally?

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    You don’t need any fancy tools to make a decent bench. A circular saw and a cordless drill will accomplish a lot of projects far beyond just this. If you don’t have them in your set of tools, start saving pennies to get there.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hey bud i gave excess plywood for the top I’d be more than happy to give you if you want to swing by.

I have 2 corn hole boards already cut (no hole) that measure 48x24 in 1/4 plywood. Would be a perfect bench top. You just gotta build a base. I’m 20 mins from you in Cloverly.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I also got all the tools to make your cuts. You can measure, make your cuts then assemble at home.

2X4 or 4X4 posts and hardware on you but we could get your cuts done in 10 mins if you know your measurements

You would literally just need a drill at your house.

Attachments

• D520DEE0-18A0-42D9-9318-6FB53DD22B9C.jpg
      D520DEE0-18A0-42D9-9318-6FB53DD22B9C.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 98

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got a buddy swinging by at 5 to borrow some tools for an 80% so tonight or tomorrow morning would be preferable if you want to take me up on the offer. I think I’m leaving Sat evening for the boat docking competition on Taylor’s island Saturday mid day after i finish my painting of my daughters new room.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    To make it “portable” you could build two smaller bases and lag bolt/wing nut them together and lag bot/wing nut the top on when ready to shoot.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    To make it “portable” you could build two smaller bases and lag bolt/wing nut them together and lag bot/wing nut the top on when ready to shoot.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm already headed to the property in WV, should be back Monday. Maybe sometime during the week we can link up.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wife and kids are gone until Wednesday so before then in the evening would be preferred. Enjoy your trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom