• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Have been told that a garand is a must.

Although I've got a nice M1 and it's a great, iconic rifle which deserves a spot in every gun collection, I rarely shoot it because it's....well, kinda boring. I have a friend with an M1A, which is another story. Not having to reload every eight rounds or dicking around with [flying] en bloc clips makes a big difference. At least, for me.

You outta consider a Springfield 03 or the later 03-A3 (I prefer the latter, due to its much more functional peep sight). Shoots the same 30-06 round as the Garand, but a bolt's the firearm equivalent of a manual gearbox in a car. Certainly, if you're battling traffic, an automatic's the way to go. But when it's the weekend, you're out on a country road and just driving for the sheer fun of it, nothing beats a manual. Same goes for a rifle; if you're shooting for fun, the A3's a smoke!

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Good info all, I work with him, my fault he has the 03..:-) Good guy, told him of soon to be way empty wallet, lol. Will let him look at my collection before the Va. trip. I think a long gun will be 1st, but then all must be had.:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom