• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I was wondering if we have any fellow ham radio operators who Will be attending the shoot?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I was wondering if we have any fellow ham radio operators who Will be attending the shoot?

No but do you know anyone interested in purchasing an antennae and a controller for a different antennae that had a rotating upper portion?

Maybe you could point me towards someplace where I could unload these things?

The antennae is a tubular (aluminum?) weighs a boatload, comes with the mounting base and from what I can tell there is a telescoping upper portion....retracted it appears to be ~25-30' tall.

Its currently down/on the ground but I would like to get rid of it as my house is for sale and would prefer to see it go to a good home cheap rather than me cutting it up for scrap.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    ??? Let me ask around at the next meeting. Are you ever on 146.610, if so there is a Guy Murray K3BEQ, that may know of someone who would like to get that.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    ??? Let me ask around at the next meeting. Are you ever on 146.610, if so there is a Guy Murray K3BEQ, that may know of someone who would like to get that.

I don't even know what that is.....I'm not a Ham Radio person....I inherited misc equip from the previous owner of the house and I want to get rid of it asap.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I will probably be heading out at about 0730 or so, Will be on Freq 147.555 Simplex, being that I do not know any repeaters out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom