• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    This is probably old news for some.

I was going to spend close to $1000 with them, but their "...legal department has decided that the way the law can be interpreted, they will not ship assault parts to Maryland." This is not about magazines, but about the "assault parts." I didn't see a specific post on this and normally I would have just brushed it off, but the customer service rep really agitated me. She said that "once the legal department makes a decision, it's all there is." I asked who I could speak to in the legal department and she said in all the time she has worked there, she's never met anyone. So I asked who could have a discussion about the decision and was told there is no one to talk to. Also, she could not transfer me to corporate. Basically, it is what is.

I know its their prerogative, so I will take my business elsewhere. Just don't waste your time trying to explain the law to them, they don't care.

Sorry for the rant.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think this has been discussed on here before. It's BS but I suppose in their mind the small amount of business they are losing does not outweigh the risk.

Be mad at the politicians for making the mess.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    There have been several similar complaints about SG on MDS. I got curious after this latest one. Take a look here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ourcompany/aboutus

Maybe you can reach someone through the addresses and phone numbers on that web page.

I never knew SG was owned by Northern Tool & Equipment til now.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    What are "Assault Parts"?

sodium%20ion,%20chloride%20ion.gif

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I had to have my credit card company reverse my membership charge from them when they refused to ship me a Caldwell brass catcher. F'em.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    What parts kit were you looking to buy?

They have an email special on m16a1 kits with no magazine. I had a free shipping coupon code too so I was gonna grab a couple of those, a GI m14 stock and a bunch of other parts.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    They have an email special on m16a1 kits with no magazine. I had a free shipping coupon code too so I was gonna grab a couple of those, a GI m14 stock and a bunch of other parts.

What a Country still has some, these are from an earlier batch that came in and are near-unissued condition. Totally worth paying a bit more over SG's offering:
    http://whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    What a Country still has some, these are from an earlier batch that came in and are near-unissued condition. Totally worth paying a bit more over SG's offering:
    http://whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx

Thanks, the SG price with coupon deals was $330. I can't make the moves I wanted, but might pick one of those up. I bought my last one from Engage, but they're out. Definitely going for the battlefield veteran look, so exterior condition is less important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom