• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    So just picked up a Hakim (8mm semi auto made in Eygpt back in the day). Looking at the action after field stripping it and there is still cosmoline in in it. Not sure if the previous owner had ever used the rifle.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Very nice! A few words of advice (based on experience). Just like there is a Garand thumb, the same applies to the Hakim.... play with the action with your hands clear and you'll learn there is more then one way to cause the action to close with enough force on a finger to make you cuss loudly. Also, get or make a gas adjustment tool rather then try adjusting it with pliers. That way you don't jimmy the little triangle adjuster up.

Enjoy shooting it... you will definitely get looks at the range!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Very nice! A few words of advice (based on experience). Just like there is a Garand thumb, the same applies to the Hakim.... play with the action with your hands clear and you'll learn there is more then one way to cause the action to close with enough force on a finger to make you cuss loudly. Also, get or make a gas adjustment tool rather then try adjusting it with pliers. That way you don't jimmy the little triangle adjuster up.

Enjoy shooting it... you will definitely get looks at the range!

^^^ All of this!

Welcome to the club! That looks like a nice one. The ammo's a bit pricey, and can be hard to find at times, but it's fun as hell to shoot. I took mine to my brother's house this past summer, and I swear we could hear the echoes coming back from the Blue Ridge mountains some 15 miles, or so, away. If you're off to the side of one of those, you feel it fire, as much as hearing it.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, Hakims can be had for significantly less.For $700 or so you can get the Hakim's little brother, the Rashid (Rasheed)... which I just had to get after having my Hakim for a few months.

The American Rifleman show on the Outdoor Channel just had a spot on the Rasheed.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    They are cool, good find! Yours look like an org stock but is a bit glossy.. I love mine shoot well and is loud! . No kick yes you will get looks. Oh yes it will eat the brass!

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Oh yes it will eat the brass!

Yeah, mine bang off that sort of charging bar on the right side for the slide. I took a piece of gas line and some small zip ties and covered it. Saves the brass to a certain extent.

The stock on mine is a bit glossy too, but I think its original... I've seen two stock styles over the years... one style is a little shorter... not sure if that was original or something created by an importer.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    They are cool, good find! Yours look like an org stock but is a bit glossy.. I love mine shoot well and is loud! . No kick yes you will get looks. Oh yes it will eat the brass!

I had just finished wiping the rifle down, had to carry it into the house in the snowfall, so dried it off.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Very nice! A few words of advice (based on experience). Just like there is a Garand thumb, the same applies to the Hakim.... play with the action with your hands clear and you'll learn there is more then one way to cause the action to close with enough force on a finger to make you cuss loudly.

The best solution to Hakim thumb is to engage the safety. After that no more Hakim thumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom